Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Water in oil... Again and again and again and again.... >

Water in oil... Again and again and again and again....

Notices

Water in oil... Again and again and again and again....

Old 06-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Water in oil... Again and again and again and again....

Thanks Thunder I had thought about that.. They were not degreed in.

The main reason I don't understand it for me is that my exhaust is dry all the way out. Water does not meet the exhaust unitl the exhaust leaves the Pipe. I just dont see how water is going back in the pipe and all the way back to the motor. I only get milkshake at an idle. I have limped out on one motor until I pass the no wake zones then I start the bad motor. I can run it all day long like that with no milkshake. Once I come to wake zones I shut down that motor. I ran like that for 3 trips and no milkshake. I had a bad manifold which I have replaced. Now I am still getiing milkshakes. I am going to replace riser gaskets next. I have not pressure checked the risers if new gaskets dont solve my problem I'll have the risers pressure tested.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Water in oil... Again and again and again and again....-p1010003.jpg   Water in oil... Again and again and again and again....-p1010004.jpg  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

I would try different things on the garden hose leathl and see what you get. With my pipes I would run on the hose then shut down and look up the tailpipes to see how far the water was making it. I went to autozone and bought different length exhaust tubing that I shoved inside the exhaust side of the tailpipe. I kept getting shorted and shorter until the water was as far up as I dared. Then I made permanent inserts of the proper length. The dry part of my pipes actually extend about an inch past where the water dumps and I still had one drop of water in the #8 header chamber last time I dissassembled that engine. That was perfect to me. The majority of my water sucking was at engine shut down I believe.

BT
Attached Thumbnails Water in oil... Again and again and again and again....-mvc-019s.jpg  
Old 06-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Registered

Blue

It's kind hard to see in my pictures but my water dumps outside the exhaust. See the openings at the end of my pipes. That is where the water dumps. There is no water dump inside the pipe. Basicly my exhaust is dry.

Rob
Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Registered

I'm with ya leathl. My point is that even with my dry exhaust in which the inner tube extends past where the outer tubes water dumps, I still got a little reversion. You can actually see the water curving towards the inner tube as it exits between the inner and outer tubes.

Take a flashlight and look up the inner exhaust tube immediately after shutdown to see if it is wet in there. If not, reversion is not your problem. If it is wet, you are on to something.

BT