Dyno results at Crockett Marine >

Dyno results at Crockett Marine

Notices

Dyno results at Crockett Marine

Old 06-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Dyno results at Crockett Marine

Maybe a little belt slippage. Don't let Tomcat see this. I wonder how it would do with a 4 barrel EFI intake and 1000cfm throttle body and R-tech intercooler.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Dyno results at Crockett Marine

Originally Posted by articfriends
Another thing is crockett's dyno uses cmi boat headers,NOT car/dyno headers that are going to give you artificially high numbers.
That's exactly what Dave at WESCO told me as well. I dyno'd my engines with marine water cooled jacketed headers too, as well as raw water sea-pumps, and alternators which will also use up some power to turn.

That's sounds like a really killer 540cid engine you have there with those 315 AFR cnc ported heads---especially with a blower on it! Anyway, congrats----sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun---just be careful and don't hurt yourself with that thing.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
That's exactly what Dave at WESCO told me as well. I dyno'd my engines with marine water cooled jacketed headers too, as well as raw water sea-pumps, and alternators which will also use up some power to turn.

That's sounds like a really killer 540cid engine you have there with those 315 AFR cnc ported heads---especially with a blower on it! Anyway, congrats----sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun---just be careful and don't hurt yourself with that thing.
Kaama,do you ever make it to hardy pond,we go there alot,Smitty
Old 06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cobra marty
Maybe a little belt slippage. Don't let Tomcat see this. I wonder how it would do with a 4 barrel EFI intake and 1000cfm throttle body and R-tech intercooler.
My plan was if it didn't make 825hp the intake was going to go in the trash and i was going to leave motor at crocketts and order a billet throttle body and aftermarket intake and try again!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome numbers Smitty! Please post a picture of your boat so I know who not to run at Hardy this season! Congrats on the new power.

Craig
Old 06-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE
Awesome numbers Smitty! Please post a picture of your boat so I know who not to run at Hardy this season! Congrats on the new power.

Craig
Wette vette,what kind of boat do you run,i got in alot of races last year at hardy,i win about 1/2,lose 1/2. The twin turbo checkmate has blown by me before. My boat looks like any other baja 272 and often people who think that I wouldn't stand a chance in a race are surprized,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 06-02-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a 23' WPM Cat! Hardy is a great place to boat with a lot of fast rides. We have a decent sized group and try to get up there 3-4 times per summer. We are working on a buddys 24' Check trying to get it into the 90's with a 454 equipt with a B & M 420. It does 85 on pumped gas at 4 pounds of boost on 8.0:1. I know the TT 30' Check is a legit 100+++ ride. Your boat will be a lot of fun and you will surprise the hell out of a lot of people. Hope to see ya up there sometime.

Craig
Old 06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

awesome numbers, congrats on a sweet set up!
Old 06-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

artic,
Congrats on a great combination!! Those numbers look real good and that motor ought to push your Baja to that magic tripple digits.
I read your post about the Checkmates with interest. I have ridden in the twin turbo'd Check and it is purely awesome! Not to open a can of worms, Top Secert is a close friend of mine and your recollection of meeting him... well it just didnt sound like him. We have been boating together for 15 yrs. Being a Checkmate man myself, I decided to give him a call and see if he could recollect that meeting. Without any prompting, it seems that his recall was a bit different. He does remember running with you and he was impressed with your boat's speed. More like 1 1/2 miles and you two were pretty close at the 84mph mark, verified by his GPS and his Gaffrig GPS speedo. At the boat launch you mention something about another prop would have put you in front. He mentioned that his boat was not running up to par and that the week previous he ran 91 mph on the radar gun at LOTO, a matter of public record.
One thing he didnt realize was that you were running a procharged motor. Now it seems to me that the 28' Check is a true 28' hull and the 27 Baja has the swim platform added into that figure. Am I correct in that assumption? So now we have a NA motor in a larger boat that keeps up to yours on bad day for him and you tell him to get GPS?

Like I said, I AM a Checkmate guy and I had to say something.. Dont mean to start anything... You will definitly have the edge this summer, but then blower motors and NA motors aren't really apples to apples..

Dick
Old 06-02-2005, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
artic,
I read your post about the Checkmates with interest. I have ridden in the twin turbo'd Check and it is purely awesome!

You will definitly have the edge this summer, but then blower motors and NA motors aren't really apples to apples..
Dick
I am assuming you are saying the Baja is the blower motor but are you saying the twin turbo'd Check is a NA motor?

Quick Reply: Dyno results at Crockett Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.