Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Where can I get Blue Courtesy Floor lights? >

Where can I get Blue Courtesy Floor lights?

Notices

Where can I get Blue Courtesy Floor lights?

Old 07-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where can I get Blue Courtesy Floor lights?

B,
The lamp you're looking at is LED (I assume you know that). That lamp is also available with a conventional bulb. In order to change the LED version to blue, you would have to open the housing, and replace the white LED with a blue one. I went to Perko's website, and checked out the lamp in their catalog. The LED version looks like it's using a surface mount device (it's a little hard to tell from the picture). If that's the case, it's probably going to be a pain in the azz to change out the LED, unless you're good with the soldering iron. Surface mount LEDs would have to be purchased from someone like MCM Electronics, or Mouser. I can't see spendong $28 per light, just to have to take them apart. The easier route would be to buy the conventional one, and just re-lamp it. I've seen those style bulbs in red, green, and blue in Auto Zone. The guys with those sewing machines they call tuner cars like them. Your best bet is to purchase one of each style from West Marine check them out, and decide what you want to do then return the one you don't want. I've converted some of my interior lights to LED, so I know the drill. Here's the link to the Perko catalog: http://www.perko.com/cat300.pdf

Paul
Old 07-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Ok, so go with something like this... http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...10001/252/82/9

and then go to autozone for the bulbs.. Correct??

Cool!!! Thanks!! 11.99 is a little better, I'll have to check the other catalogs.. we don't have much around here in marine stores...
Old 07-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

Yeah, that's it. I personally like the white housing better. like I said, I would buy one light first, take it apart, and make sure you can do what you want, but I'm sure the bulbs are easily replaceable on the conventional ones. FYI: I found Attwood brand LED lights on Boatersworld.com for $7.99. That's cheap. Still not blue though.
http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/w...55#description
Old 07-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Registered

I just did a search for festoon bulbs on ebay. You can get blue LED festoon bulbs for cheap. Check it out!
(Slow day at work)
Old 07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

i use these from eddie marine and used the colored bulb condoms from gafrig.
Attached Thumbnails Where can I get Blue Courtesy Floor lights?-newboat-041.jpg  
Old 07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Blue LED W/white case

Click on LED lights and scroll down the page and you will find the step lights that can be ordered how you want them. I use the amber lights pictured on the running boards to the Dually and love the look.
I use the single LED's to light up my cabinets and the cloths locker in the boat. I have the amber clusters mounted under the back seat and in the gunnel's so I can find stuff at night not to mention they look very nice with the amber glow coming out of these areas. I'm sure it would look very cool in blue. They will work with you on pricing if you buy a few at a time.
These are made by Innovative lighting the same folks that designed the electric telescoping stern light.
Hope this helps with your options and you won't have to make it into a science project.
I have also found 12vdc dimmers for incandescent and LED lights if you need the link let me know!

Last edited by Scott; 07-11-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

Side note on West Marine / Boat US (same company owns both brick and mortar stores now). They're crooks, to be sure, but they will price match if you bring in an advertisement or print out of an internet deal. I found some fenders that were something like 25% cheaper at Overtons. Printed the page and my local Boat US matched the price, no problem.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone!!! I ordered the perco round white models and going to go with the blue bulbs!!!