Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Where can I get a water pressure sender and gauge? >

Where can I get a water pressure sender and gauge?

Notices

Where can I get a water pressure sender and gauge?

Old 01-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where can I get a water pressure sender and gauge?

I just bought a 0-30 psi Livorsi electric water pressure gauge and sender for $115 shipped from Teague. I am going to remove the water temp gauge as I have no room for another gauge. Besides, it's a Whippled HP500 with the restrictor in place of a t-stat, and temp gauge barely indicates anyway. Also, I still have the beeper and oil temp. gauge to keep informed of motor temperature. Water pressure is a more vital thing to monitor for me, with a low water pickup and the easily plugged oil cooler tubes. Another benefit of the electric was, I can use the existing wire that was for the temp. gauge since it routes to both areas. I will be threading in a tee at the block drain for the pressure sender.

Last edited by HP350SC; 01-27-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where can I get a water pressure sender and gauge?

Originally Posted by East Coast B
I figure if I can get an alarm before the engine gets too hot, it would be a safer thing all the way around. I've lost two impellers over the years and each time, the black exhaust sections of hose seem to get so hot it appears as though black particles are being exhausted.... I'm hoping the black smoke is just from the exhaust hose and not the engine itself...

Just extra precaution I guess....

As for really low pressure, well that's something I'm trying to understand to see if a setup like this will really work and so far doesn't look like it will cost too much....

Just reading this thread, and something here rang a bell for me. I too, have smoked impellers on my old checkmate with thru hull exhaust. Just wondering if you have checked inside of those exhaust hoses. Mine collapsed on the inside,(the inner layer can delaminate from the outer layer and collapse from the heat), to over half closed. From outside, the hose still looked fine. Just make sure they are ok. You can look inside, from the rear, by manually opening the water flaps, and taking a peek with a flashlight. . Just a thought.