Dana exhast?

Notices

Dana exhast?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dana exhast?

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
It is getting a little old Gary, every time DMP starts a thread you jump in and tell your story about some bolts. I hate to be an a$$ but if I got a mail order part and it has the wrong bolts I would go to the hardware store and get the right ones without even calling them, it's just not worth the trouble or the wait to have them send them out to me. As far as the brackets, yeah it sounds like they screwed up and sent you the wrong one's but I gotta tell you there are about 1000 diffrent brackets for aquasteps, I have installed many of them and don't think I have ever used the same brackets twice most of the time we wind up making are own out of aluminum plate. You have made your point now give it a rest.
I have got on this site many of times and gotten good advice from you. The step I ordered from them I did not want to try and fabricate brackets for. It was not they made a mistake ( we all make them) it was the customer service part or lack of. The first call was, go to the hardware store for bolts. The second call was, Oh well your screwed. They did not offer any new brackets, money back or a we are sorry till I told my opinion on oso. I rely on your experience and others on this site to make purchases from vendors I don't know. Danas shipping, price and packaging was great. It was the customer service that was missing. I was saying on this site about the exhaust, if you need something that will just bolt up than dana products should not be a problem, but if there is a chance that you may have to have service or advice after they have gotten your money than good luck. If people only want to hear good things about a company so they can feel good about a purchase than they should go the that companys web site. Dana did NOT try to make it right till I told my storey on oso. When I get on this site and ask about a problem or product than PLEASE be honest and tell me your story ( good or bad). I can than make my own mind up on what to do next. That is what makes the site so valuable.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be totally fair about the GSmith story when Gary ordered the Aqua step he did specify he had Dana Marine swim steps. The problem is that over the last few years and the growing desire for people to install the Aqua Steps to our swim platforms we made a machine change on our steps. We have been pre-drilling and tapping all of our steps for the last couple of years. When the Aqua Step was ordered he specified that he had our steps and they were on an Eliminator Boat. We sell hundreds of sets to Eliminator and it is physically impossible for us to know what version of the step he had. We shipped him our standard set up which bolts directly to our swim steps. Upon receiving the step Gary realized his steps were not pre-drilled and tapped and required longer bolts so he could through bolt them. I do remember Gary calling to discuss the bolts and at no time was anyone rude to Gary, we simply suggested that if he wanted to get it handled relatively quick he could find the 1/4-20 bolts at any local harware store. There was never any bad words exchanged, he said he would take care of it. As a matter of fact I never heard another word about the subject until it was brought up on OSO, where I learned that the brackets wouldn't work either. As stated on another thread, if Gary was mis-treated, talked to poorly, or any other form of attitude, I could understand his frustrations. He ordered the step, it was delivered in a timely fashion at a fair price and he had to make a slight modification to install it. Sorry for long, drawn out story, since we aired out half of it so many times, now everyone on OSO knows the whole deal. Thanks for all the support.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Registered

Getting back to the original reason for this thread, US Fountain, the drive bottle is bolted the motor and it can stay there, the exhaust will get closer, but it will work. We can make you the little oil filter legs. You use your stock oil filter bracket, we will provide you will two little stand off legs to adapt it to our risers. No Problem.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Registered

How about some more info on the exhaust? Is there a website? More pictures? How do these flow compared to stock merc manifolds and CMI headers? How good are they with salt water?

Too bad I got stuck in a flame war about ladder bolts...
Old 09-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered

Dana, KYElimEagle mentioned that your exhaust was a little wider than stock. How much wider is it? I have a little room to work with, but not alot. It could be an issue and I would like to be able to measure before ordering.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Registered

Our website is www.danamarineproducts.com, go to the products icon, scroll down to exhaust systems and the Dana Marine Flow Torque exhaust will be listed. The manifolds will fit out of the box on 34.5" center lines. I'm not familiar with how wide a stock manifold is, but measure your engine installation and we can see if they'll fit. We can specialize the manifolds to get down to 34" center to centers.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Registered

Hey Zimm, when being used in a salt water environment we hard anodize the manifolds before the powdercoat. This will seal the aluminum and you'll be good to go. Of course, we don't charge 1 extra red cent for this service, unlike others.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
It is getting a little old Gary, every time DMP starts a thread you jump in and tell your story about some bolts. I hate to be an a$$ but if I got a mail order part and it has the wrong bolts I would go to the hardware store and get the right ones without even calling them, it's just not worth the trouble or the wait to have them send them out to me. As far as the brackets, yeah it sounds like they screwed up and sent you the wrong one's but I gotta tell you there are about 1000 diffrent brackets for aquasteps, I have installed many of them and don't think I have ever used the same brackets twice most of the time we wind up making are own out of aluminum plate. You have made your point now give it a rest.
Don't mean to take sides here. I don't know gary and I don't know anyone from dana. Customtouch simply asked for an opinion and even though gary posted his experience several times maybe like me, customtouch hasn't read it before. I for one would like to hear all opinions good and bad. If I hear 10 good stories and one bad, I can pretty much conclude the one bad is the person that you just can't please no matter what you do and so the merchant shouldn't fear for his reputation.If people are tired of hearing the same story simply skip the thread.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I am considering pruchasing the Dana Marine exhaust for a new Catamaran being built this winter. Do they make custom tail pipes? What size pipe can be used 5 inch?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Registered

The biggest reason I am considering the Dana's is because they can build different tailpipes if needed. I only need a stock configuration for silent choice right now, but if I decide to up-rade motors that will change. I like the fact that I won't have to buy a completly different set of headers if I do! I will just have to change tailpipes. What is availible, I don't know, but I am sure Dana will chime in and tell you!!

Quick Reply: Dana exhast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.