Dana exhast? >

Dana exhast?

Notices

Dana exhast?

Old 09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana exhast?

I am in the process of changing out the stock Merc exhast on my boat. It has stock twin 502's and i am seriously looking at the Dana's. I would like to know if anyone has used them or had any experience with them, good or bad. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Registered

Default Re: Dana exhast?

yea i am interested in them too. they look real nice but have not heard anything about them.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have to be just about the coolest looking ones out there. And I see they have a new lower price.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Just put some on this spring. Very pleased with them!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Registered

KYElimEagle, Did you notice any significant change in performance or hp, or were they installed in addition to other upgrades?
Old 09-20-2005, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Added a bunch of new goodies, so can't compare, I believe these fllow really well though. Someone did some research, can't remember who? Hot boat maybe? These performed very well. Each runner is kept separated until the end of the riser. They also stick out laterally farther than some others could be a space issue in some installations.
Attached Thumbnails Dana exhast?-starb.motorwide9.jpg  
Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie

Originally Posted by Payton
They have to be just about the coolest looking ones out there. And I see they have a new lower price.
Couldn't have said it better. The Dana's have made me a believer again in manifolds. I'll just have to wait for the Bassett headers to 'go' before buying a set.

Brian
Old 09-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by customtouch
I am in the process of changing out the stock Merc exhast on my boat. It has stock twin 502's and i am seriously looking at the Dana's. I would like to know if anyone has used them or had any experience with them, good or bad. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!
I don't know about the headers, although they look cool, but I will tell you that my experience with dana is that they may send out brackets that don't fit or missing parts. They sent me wrong bracket set and when it didn't fit they said to go to hardware store for parts. They have no costmer service.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered

Hi again Gary, for the who don't know the story, Gary has shared this story roughly 6 times on OSO. He was kind enough to purchase an Aqua Step ladder from us and he did receive the wrong stainless bolts. We've offered time and time again to issue a store credit or some cash back for his inconvenience. I still have not yet received a response. But to clarify, yes there was some confusion on the installation and we did send him the wrong stainless bolts. We've apologized, and tried to move forward. As far as the our exhaust systems, they work very well. We've had great success in making good HP on a variety of applications. If anyone needs any technical information I'd be happy to help them. I'm sure our customer base would disagree about the comments that were made about our customer service. It's pretty simple, we're not perfect, and once and a while mistakes happen. The reality is, when you call our shop, a friendly representative answers the phone ready to assist you, our customer, no voice mail run arounds, and we have most products in stock ready for same day UPS.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Dana-
Is there a limit on the dimensions between cranskshafts for the exhaust systems?

Quick Reply: Dana exhast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.