Notices

Imco 1000

Old 10-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Imco 1000

Understood. I agree that time will tell.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Very interesting...how do they get the 2 3/8" vertical adjustment? The trim cylinder looks short, how much can it raise the drive for trailering?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened to the 4X4? Did it not workout for IMCO? I forget what that was rated at.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
What horsepower level did IMCO rate their last Extreme Advantage SC? Was it something like 750hp or 850hp depending on the weight of the boat? And from what I read from guys here on OSO they still had what sounds like many failures---and the failures seem to have stemmed from even how IMCO may have assembled the drives because even with light power their Extreme SC only lasted a few hours with some guys. It sounded like the Merc XR drive was more dependable than the supposedly beefier IMCO Extreme SC with the same kind of power. I have read a lot of different situations/testimonials (pros & cons) concerning IMCO's Extreme SC vs the Bravo XR---enough not to feel confident in purchasing one of IMCO's drives. Now they have this new IMCO 1000 and I wonder how it will do.

The question is, is 150-200 of additional HP rating going to really make the difference with IMCO's new 1000 drive? I think that being able to raise/lower the "X" without removing anything is pretty trick. It looks to be an interesting drive and I hope it does well, but I guess we will see.

The drive you are reffering to was a Bravo replacement, this drive has no trans in it similar to the 4x4 drive. The trans is in the box. Any of the Bravo type drives with built in trans's (Bravos, Xrs, Imco's, Teagues) are not rated for big hp(lets say 1000hp). This set up would bolt on to a transom that has been set up for a Bravo drive but you would need their transom bracket, extension box with tranny, and drive. Along with ext steering probably built into the box itself. It's expensive but what are your alternatives other than changing to a number six or arneson and moving your motor foward to accept a tranny before the transom.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
The drive you are reffering to was a Bravo replacement, this drive has no trans in it similar to the 4x4 drive. The trans is in the box. Any of the Bravo type drives with built in trans's (Bravos, Xrs, Imco's, Teagues) are not rated for big hp(lets say 1000hp). This set up would bolt on to a transom that has been set up for a Bravo drive but you would need their transom bracket, extension box with tranny, and drive. Along with ext steering probably built into the box itself. It's expensive but what are your alternatives other than changing to a number six or arneson and moving your motor foward to accept a tranny before the transom.
arneson puts the tranny in the box for the bravo conversion for less money than the imco... and probably much more reliable and better choice of props...
Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
What happened to the 4X4? Did it not workout for IMCO? I forget what that was rated at.
I was wondering the same thing,I remember they were big bucks but they still used a regular imco lower. My motor is breaking lower xr gears but everything else is holding up so even a b-max wouldn't make any difference,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Imco 1000-upnorth-022.jpg  
Old 10-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knowing Imco's reputation for reliability and customer service, I'd rather have Arnesons or Konrads at half the price.