Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AAAARRRGH!! Milkshake AGAIN!!!!!!! >

AAAARRRGH!! Milkshake AGAIN!!!!!!!

Notices

AAAARRRGH!! Milkshake AGAIN!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AAAARRRGH!! Milkshake AGAIN!!!!!!!

could be many things he did say to much as to what he tested or replaced prior to running boat we can all throw things against the wall and see what sticks but it better if he just gives us alittle more info!!!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Not when the engine's off....
You will notice a drop in oil level.It wont batter the oil bad.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys -

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm running a Whipplecharger/intercooler setup and a stock 502 cam. Since my last oil change I noticed a little sludge in the valve covers and wrote it off as normal condensation. It was after the last run that things got ugly.

I am running IMCO powerflow exhaust. I pulled the risers and didn't see any water in the exhaust. The riser gaskets looked OK.

The oil is contaminated enough to change the color and slightly thicken it. Kind of like a completely melted smoothie. I didn't notice a rise in the level but it is hard to tell.

I didn't want to pull the intake because it is such a PITA with the Whipple but it sounds like I may need to. I need to rig up something to allow me to pressure test my oil cooler too.

Another piece of info: Last time I had the intercooler off, I noticed that about half of my intake bolts were not torqued to spec. I retightened them. Maybe I screwed something up.

Is there a way to get all of that crap out of my motor other than changing the oil 6 times?
Old 02-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Grog
Guys -

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm running a Whipplecharger/intercooler setup and a stock 502 cam. Since my last oil change I noticed a little sludge in the valve covers and wrote it off as normal condensation. It was after the last run that things got ugly.

I am running IMCO powerflow exhaust. I pulled the risers and didn't see any water in the exhaust. The riser gaskets looked OK.

The oil is contaminated enough to change the color and slightly thicken it. Kind of like a completely melted smoothie. I didn't notice a rise in the level but it is hard to tell.

I didn't want to pull the intake because it is such a PITA with the Whipple but it sounds like I may need to. I need to rig up something to allow me to pressure test my oil cooler too.

Another piece of info: Last time I had the intercooler off, I noticed that about half of my intake bolts were not torqued to spec. I retightened them. Maybe I screwed something up.

Is there a way to get all of that crap out of my motor other than changing the oil 6 times?
Sounds like an intake gasket leak
Old 02-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use diesel fuel to thin-out the sludge and pump it out.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I use diesel fuel to thin-out the sludge and pump it out.
I do the same thing. I'll put in half oil, and half diesel, then run it for a couple minutes. It will cut all the emulsified oil that's all over the engine.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Registered

Have to agree with jc sounds like intake check around the water cross over in the manifold where it meets the heads

and if you add diesel or kerosene to the oil as ed said it will work wonders
Old 02-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a buddy last year that had a bad section of exhaust hose. When it got running the inside of the hose flapped down and acted as a check valve causing water to back up-check your hoses carefully. If not, it's likely the int gasket.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had problems getting the intake to seal also on a B&M blower intake at 1st that would dump water into the oil a qt at a time in less than a couple minutes. I used to just do the torque sequece 3 times until at the final setting. Problem was, after each round, the 1st bolt was hardly finger tight because I now had pulled the intake down tighter. learned to keep on going around the torque sequence until the 1st bolt was still at the final torque once the last one was torqed. Wasn't uncommon to make close to 10 rounds. The factory intake was never a problem. Got me why the difference.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

what kind of water pressure are you running?

Quick Reply: AAAARRRGH!! Milkshake AGAIN!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.