Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Notices

Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Old 03-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Thanks for the pictures. I'm heading out to the pond now to do mine. Should be on tonight if I don't have too many beers.
I thought you were being just a little optimistic here! What he did for the oil filter on mine was (1) remove drive reservoir (2) grind off excess of mount that was in the way (3) add spacers to the oil filter to raise the oil lines up enough to clear the headers (you also have to enlarge the hole in the bracket that the oil line goes through to compensate for raising the filter) (4) relocate drive reservoir which I decided to do myself because I wasn't sure what my best option would be at the time. I am going to mount mine on the front of the filter bracket. Since there are already holes drilled in the reservoir bracket, I will just drill some in the filter bracket to match and just bolt mine on. There will be plenty of room to do this. Here is the picture of the spacer used for the oil filter (I have not had time to mount the drive reservoir yet). Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Dana Flow Torque exhaust-100_0583.jpg  

Last edited by customtouch; 03-03-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by customtouch
So, what was the final outcome of the boat swapping deal? Are you keeping the 34 Scarab or did you get the 38 or something else? It was kinda hard to keep up with all your wheelin & dealin there for a while . Also, what is the secret to being able to work on your own boat? Hell, I have had mine for 5 years and it's STILL solid white . I would put it in line and run it through with the others, but I CAN'T AFFORD ME !!!!!!

ended up keeping the 34 it actually fits my boating style better and it just seemed to work out that way for now. hmmmm . . .the seceret to working on my own boat? . . . .well . . . i set aside march and early april for my boat. that an basically i have no life during that time. i'm talkin late nighters 24/7 till im done. prolly why im still relativly single (till boating season that is) and its gonna be a while before the new boat gets any kinda graphics if any. . . yep . . ya dont make nuthin workin on your own stuff. not only am i expensive to but im a picky SOB right now i'm just going to bring the new boat in and go through it mechanically and make sure everything is working proper also do a major detail/buff job. next winter is new power and maybe paint if i can swing it. if not that can wait because this boat shows well.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

hey! . . .look at this informative thread i just found http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=112704&page=1
Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
hey! . . .look at this informative thread i just found http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=112704&page=1
Yes, did you note the date on that? I told you a L--O--N--G time.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

well . . .if its any consolation i probably wont be putting a set on for 6 months either . but i am definetly going with the DANA's . . . even if GarySmith dosent like it
Old 03-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Registered

I will be glad to try the boat out and see if there is any performance increases. It definatly sounds better and seems to have slightly quicker throttle response (running it on the ear muffs) Glassdave, you ever make it to any of the Poker Runs in the midwest?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

customtouch, Looks nice

I had to make the same modifications as you when I installed my SM exhaust. 1/2" spacers under the oil filter pad, and grind clearance in the front bracket for the now raised oil line to run thru. I also had to cut off the flange for the drive bottle mount that hung down because it held the manifold down an 1". I welded a flat peice of steel to the back side of the drive bottle bracket in a 'T' config. and mounted that to my ECM bracket on the risor. My risors brackets had 2 extra holes up fornt for just thaat purpose I assume. Basically the drive bottle just got moved up and over a couple inches from original location. The other manifold bolted right up with no problem.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

KYElimEagle, I have a question for you since you have been running yours for a season or so. How often do you have to go back and re-torque the bolts for the headers? I have run it once (up to operating temp on the ear muffs) and re-torqued them and plan on doing it again after the first trip out but I am wondering how often it is necessary to do it after that. I have heard alot of complaints about other aluminun manifolds leaking and constantly having the bolts back out! Have you found this to be an issue with the Dana's? Also, did you use the paper gasket that was supplied or did you use a Merc manifold gasket?
Thanks, David
Old 03-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I had aluminum heads, ran lots of hours with some good pounding, used the supplied gaskets. Did not loosen. Eric
Attached Thumbnails Dana Flow Torque exhaust-starmotortight10.jpg  

Last edited by SkiDoc; 03-05-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Registered

Thanks for the feed back! That was the only thing that made me a little nervous about aluminum exhaust. After I put the gen back in the boat, it would be a hassle to keep pulling it out to get access to the manifolds.
Attached Thumbnails Dana Flow Torque exhaust-100_0339.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.