Dana Flow Torque exhaust >

Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Notices

Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Old 03-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Just finished my dana exhaust. I dont like the upside down oil filter,so we moved it. The ecu brackets from dana didnt fit well so we made some. Check this out.
Attached Thumbnails Dana Flow Torque exhaust-dscf0040-small.jpg   Dana Flow Torque exhaust-dscf0039-small.jpg   Dana Flow Torque exhaust-dscf0041-small.jpg  

Old 03-11-2006, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

BB looks good. Just as tight as my Eliminator. Thats a tough job. Do you still have depressions in your chest from the top of the motor? Did you run out of curse words from dropping bolts?
Old 03-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Registered

Ya,you are right about that, I fasted for 3 weeks just so I would fit and the dipstick still left a hole in my chest! Maybe with the exhaust and nosecones it will make some difference! Check out these nose cones. They are low water pick ups so it made it a pain!
Attached Thumbnails Dana Flow Torque exhaust-toy11-smaller.jpg   Dana Flow Torque exhaust-dscf0006.jpg   Dana Flow Torque exhaust-dscf0007.jpg  

Old 03-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just got back from the first test run of the boat since the Dana's were installed. Now I am REALLY happy with them. I really did not expect any noticeable performance increases but they seem to have brought back the 2 or so mph and rpm that I had lost over the years (since it was new). It even sounds alot better and seem to have a little better mid-range response (could just be the sound ) If I had known this, I probably would have done it sooner! I may be an exception, but there WAS a NOTICABLE gain (in my boat at least) BONUS
Old 03-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by customtouch
Well, I just got back from the first test run of the boat since the Dana's were installed. Now I am REALLY happy with them. I really did not expect any noticeable performance increases but they seem to have brought back the 2 or so mph and rpm that I had lost over the years (since it was new). It even sounds alot better and seem to have a little better mid-range response (could just be the sound ) If I had known this, I probably would have done it sooner! I may be an exception, but there WAS a NOTICABLE gain (in my boat at least) BONUS
SWEET, I will be running mine on monday and I will get back to you!
Old 03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did 2 runs yesterday before I broke a shift cable clamp. I gained at least 3 MPH overall. I also changed my rocker arms out for some Comp Cams roller rockers.
It was about 78*F zero wind so the water was glass smooth (bummer) I had 3/4 tank of fuel & 4- 200 lbs ea men on including me. Best speed before was 69-70 & now I am hitting 73 against the rev limiters.
Dana's are a pain in the a$$ to install for me, but all-in-all they seem to be worth the hassle.
I fully expect 75 out of it when I get it dialed in.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Registered

i just orderd a set on friday with the stainless tube risers. i cant wait to try them out.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't be in a hurry to get them installed. Lots of modifying for me . Hope you have better luck, or at least an easier time. I'm happy with the end result for sure, but sure was a ***** to get them done.
Marine mechanics should make $500k a year if this is what they have to put up with daily.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Don't be in a hurry to get them installed. Lots of modifying for me . Hope you have better luck, or at least an easier time. I'm happy with the end result for sure, but sure was a ***** to get them done.
Marine mechanics should make $500k a year if this is what they have to put up with daily.
what was the hard part? was the clearance problom the hard part? i have a single engine boat so hopefully i wont have a clearance problom.plus the motor is out of the boat right now i was thinking of puting them on then droping it in the boat.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Out of the boat is much easier, but still have to deal with accessory problems, like oil reservoir, shifter bracket, clearance to structures in the boat, the new tails lining up with the exhaust tips. Fun to me, work to others! Take a look at what I found when I put the exhaust on before I pulled the motors. Dana custom made tails to fit. I've never upgraded anything that I didn't run into things like this.
Attached Thumbnails Dana Flow Torque exhaust-webphoto454650out.jpg   Dana Flow Torque exhaust-webexhaust.jpg  

Last edited by SkiDoc; 03-13-2006 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.