Verado Q&A..Stalling Out?? >

Verado Q&A..Stalling Out??

Notices

Verado Q&A..Stalling Out??

Old 03-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verado Q&A..Stalling Out??

Wondering if anyone is running the Merc. Verado 275. I have a set on a Donzi 35ZF. These engines have 10hrs on them. Port runs perfect. Starboard engine is where the problem is. I idled the boat out of the canal and put the boat on plane. That is when the engine started to shutter and lost power. I tried to restart and it would start and die, start and die. Brought the boat back to the lift. Proceeded checking everything over. I even traded plugs with the other Verado to see if maybe a fouled plug. I am thinking it is staving for fuel. The fuel pump on the Port sounds stronger that the pump on the star. Anyone ever dealt with this problem? I realize there are not many people running these engines on OSO but thought it was worth a shot. Thanks
PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Verado Q&A..Stalling Out??

I ran into someone with triple 275's on a 36' CC picking his boat up from being fixed. He said something about the fuel pumps if I remember the conversation right. The engines were also new, but I do remember him saying it was the pumps. Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talking Re: Verado Q&A..Stalling Out??

Hi Josh,
On your boat the power for the smartcraft is pulled from the batteries in the bilge. Make sure that all the ground wires and the positive wires are tight at the batteries and at the engines. If any grounds are loose and not making good contact that will be one of the symptoms. Also make sure under your dash at the buss bar that all grounds are tight there as well. Another thing, do not take the couling off and leave the engine exposed in the sun for a long time. The engine wont start then eith er. It seems the MAP sensor is on top of the engine, when the sun heats it up it gives the wrong values to the ECM and it wont start. Also make sure the fuel valves havent moved on you and are all the way open. I know Donzi delivers most of there boats with these valves closed.

Let us know what you or your shop finds out!

John S.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Registered

Unsane, Thanks, The pumps do sound different. I am going to check out some of the suggestions made my pwrbt33 for possible ground problems.
Josh
Old 03-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33
Hi Josh,
On your boat the power for the smartcraft is pulled from the batteries in the bilge. Make sure that all the ground wires and the positive wires are tight at the batteries and at the engines. If any grounds are loose and not making good contact that will be one of the symptoms. Also make sure under your dash at the buss bar that all grounds are tight there as well. Another thing, do not take the couling off and leave the engine exposed in the sun for a long time. The engine wont start then eith er. It seems the MAP sensor is on top of the engine, when the sun heats it up it gives the wrong values to the ECM and it wont start. Also make sure the fuel valves havent moved on you and are all the way open. I know Donzi delivers most of there boats with these valves closed.

Let us know what you or your shop finds out!

John S.
Thanks John,
I never thought of that. The problem seems to be intermittent so maybe it could be a bad connection. I will check that right away. If not hopefully the dealer can lend some help on Monday. I was really hoping to put some hours on these Verados this weekend. Oh well, this stuff comes with the territory. Thanks again.
Josh
Old 03-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also I had forgotten to tell you. In your bilge near the batteries is where your fuses are for your smartcraft. They are black weathertight connectors with the fuses in them. I have also seen where there is a problem with them as well. Check were they spliced the fuse into the positive from the battery and were it goes up front.

Just something else to check.

John S.