Marine Audio - Need some input >

Marine Audio - Need some input

Notices

Marine Audio - Need some input

Old 06-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Marine Audio - Need some input

Completely redoing system in Formula 400SS. I'd like input on recommended equipment manufacturers and models. Speakers, subs, amps, recv'rs? Thinking of purchasing Diamond or MB Quart mids, Kickers subs and no clue on amps right now. I like higher end stuff as I only want to do it one time. I want this thing to thump. I'm also wanting a new reciever that will work with iPod, DVD (seperate monitor), and satellite radio. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

Default Re: Marine Audio - Need some input

Do a search on JL Audio's new line of Marine equipment. Alot of happy/impressed customers. We done alot of installs with the marine line and have been impressed with quaility and sound everytime, let me know if i can help ya out.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered

I like the JL Audio stuff. Super clean amps. I have a 300 watt that's 5 years old and some woofers that are 14 years old and never had one problem.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, I had a 12" Kicker sub mounted in the nose of my closed cabin and it rocked bass.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

I think where the quality sounds comes from the most is in the amp more then anything else. I purchased a A/D/S/ amp (old school). Unbelievable sound from this amp. MB Quarts are the only ones I'll ever use. Sound and Quality are 2nd to none in my opinion.

Last edited by vandeano; 06-20-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

JL Audio amps are awesome. I run one for two 10" subs and one for the 4 round coax speakers.

As far as the subs being marine grade JL's , you can probably away with car amps only if they are in a closet in the cabin. IF you are exposed to the elements, then marine only.

Speakers need to be marine grade only!

I use Rockford Fosgate subs and Memphis Audio 5 1/4" rounds.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The amps you buy will be determined for the most part by the amount of speakers you want to put to them. Do not underpower.....especially subs. RF, Kicker and JL make marine subs that are free-air ready, meaning you don't need a speaker cabinet. Although cabs sound better, free-air is easier, less weight and requires less power. PM me and I'll give you the skinny on proper power.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I like to match the speaker and amp manufacturers together. They have recommended pairings that work well together.

I have two JL Audio 10W7 subs with JL Audio 500/1 amps (one sub to one amp) and its a powerful system.

I also have 8 MB Quart 6.5 coax speakers powered by the MB Quart RA4200 amp (4 x 200). Each channel powers a pair of MB Quart NKD116 speakers.

I am very happy with the system. I also recommend a head unit (I used Sony) that has 3 pre-amp RCA outputs; Front, Rear, and Sub. This makes initial equailizing easier and future tuning simple to do on the fly.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the input...I'm leaning toward the JL Audio speakers, subs, and amps. Now I have to find a head unit.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

You should look into the Kenwood mp400mr head unit. I have it my boat & i love it. i have 3 remotes, ipod adapter, sirius receiver, 8 kicker 6.5 coax, 2 RF 10" subs powered by a PG 200x4 & a 600x1.

Quick Reply: Marine Audio - Need some input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.