Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers >

Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Notices

Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Will it work on Volvo Penta engines? I know some people that are interested!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the exhaust bolting on the engine, I'm sure they would bolt on. The base engine is the same as Merc's. The only drawback is I don't know Volvo's tailpipe location and our kit has been designed around Merc's engine. I'm sure the Volvo could require fabrication to re-mount all hardware that is mounted on the exhaust. Unfortunately, It won't be nearly as easy as a Merc application.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dana marine products
As far as the exhaust bolting on the engine, I'm sure they would bolt on. The base engine is the same as Merc's. The only drawback is I don't know Volvo's tailpipe location and our kit has been designed around Merc's engine. I'm sure the Volvo could require fabrication to re-mount all hardware that is mounted on the exhaust. Unfortunately, It won't be nearly as easy as a Merc application.
Guess that sucks for the Volvo owners. They will just have to do without I guess.
Thanks for the info, keep up the good work & let us know about the Volvo stuff. I have 8 sets sold if they will work on Volvos & be as easy to install.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

What it boils down to is I need a Volvo engine package. If any is on the west coast, preferably in the so cal area, who wants to participate in the developement of this package for this engine, let me know. I'm willing to figure it out, I just need a boat with that engine, that someone doesn't mind us taking the stock exhaust off.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Registered

Dana:
Can your manifolds work with a Procharger. I mean, can the blower actually fit without hitting? I have a 540 with heavily ported heads and a pretty radical solid (255/262 deg. dur & .652" lift) cam that I am installing my Procharger M-3 supercharger on shortly. I notice from the cutaway of the Vortex V tailpipe that it's almost like a dry tail pipe. Do you have any reversion issues with large-cammed motors?
I currently have Lightning Headers but they only have a 1 7/8" i.d.. What is the i.d. on your manifolds?
I have to say that they do look like a good deal to me.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Does anyone know whether you can run these manifolds with a Procharger setup?
Old 02-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Registered

Bob: I take it from the earlier posts that you can use exisitng quick and quiet corsa systems with the new manifolds, given that they are simply a direct replacement for the old merc ones? Any idea whether performance gains with flaps open on a Q & Q system would be less than your performance results? Also, I noticed on your website that the manifolds can be powdercoated to almost any colour- Is that true? What's the extra cost (couldn't see that). Thanks.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

In regards to a procharger setup - yes it has alread ybeen done. I did not personally do the install so I don't have alot of details. The customer who did the install is local and I've got a call into him to see if he can bring the boat by. I'll get pictures and details of any changes that took place. He made it sound as if it was an easy installation.

On the colors, yes the manifolds can be coated any color. We charge $150.00 more for custom candy colors.

Performance results on the quick and quiet should be very much the same as a boat that does not have quick and quiet (as long as the Q&Q is open). With the Q&Q open, I don't see any form of restriction that can cause a problem.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered

We put this comparative detailed sheet with information about DMP exhaust VS. an 1 7/8" tubed header.

Surface area of primary at the head -
3.062" DMP Manifold
2.759" 1 7/8" tube header

Surface area of primary at collector
2.785" DMP manifold 4 ports collectively 11.14" area
8.9416" I.D. Tube header with a 3.5" I.D. pipe 4" O.D.
11.787" I.D. Tube header with a 4" I.D. pipe 4.5" O.D.

Normal tube header runner length is 15.5"
DMP exhaust have a 27" long runner length
Our primaries carry through the riser flange

Also note that no other header or manifold system has Vortex technology. Our system is designed to scavenge exhaust which in most cases will make a significant increase in torque.

We've ran these exhaust on 1200 HP applications and camshafts have never been a problem. Like anything else, with the right combination you could have a reversion problem. Custom longer tails are not a problem.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dana marine products
Performance results on the quick and quiet should be very much the same as a boat that does not have quick and quiet (as long as the Q&Q is open). With the Q&Q open, I don't see any form of restriction that can cause a problem.
So you are saying that I will not get as much performance with a setup like the quik and quiet 2 where the exhaust goes through the transom and the prop?

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.