Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Notices

Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Old 01-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Has anyone installed the Dana Flow Torque exhaust manifold with the Dana stainless Vortex exhaust riser?

http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Gr...TOKEN=49270086

The 496 kit is of particular interest.

How did the kit install? Trouble free or......details?

How did the boat performance change with the kit installed.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Default Re: Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

here is the email i got from dana!

We are in the final development stages for our new 496 kit. We’ve dyno’d both the 496 Mag and the 496 HO. Both with impressive results. Merc bases the 496 Mag at 375 HP, one the dyno with DMP exhaust, we ran 423 HP. Our 496 mag bone stock dyno’d slightly higher than 375, it ran 388 HP. The 496 HO, Merc rated at 425 HP, we got 478 HP with our exhaust. This product by far will be the best kit on the market. Not only from a cost factor, but performance, and ease of installation. This will be the only true bolt on kit. No fabrication will be required. I will send you an email as soon as we release the product.

Thank you,

Bob Jeanblanc

Dana Marine Products
Old 01-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

We are planning to release this new kit within 7 days. We've done additional testing since my previous email, here's what we've been up to.
We set out to make the best 496 kit available.
In my opinion we have accomplished just that.
Reasons are -
Performance,
496 mag engines see an increase up to 48 HP. (423 HP)
496 HO engines see an increase of up to 43 HP. (478 HP)
496 with a Raylar 525 Kit - 43 HP increase (568 HP)
NOTE*Our stock merc 496 motors dyno'd slightly higher than merc's rated #'s.
These are conservative dyno #'s. We're not stretching our results.
Torque increases - all three engines made substantionally more torque thru the entire range.
Fuel Economy Savings -Test proven results have shown up to a 4% less fuel consumption while making more HP. (496's only)
Installation - We've made this kit a real tunrkey install. Everything is included in this true bolt on kit. I recently did a complete install on the launch ramp in 3 hours. We were doing a video documentry for this project which added a minimum of 45 minutes to the install time.
On the Water Performance - we took a brand new Eliminator 22 Daytona with a 496 HO. The best the boat would run with the stock exhaust is 78 MPH. After the exhaust install we gained 5 mph, 83 MPH. We had to go up two prop sizes. We ended up with a 30 labbed Merc 4 blade. Unfortately I did not have a larger prop present because we did bump the rev limiter. There still could be another 1 or 2 mph in that boat with the right prop. That test was conducted on the same lake, same day, same water and air conditions.
Price - We have the kit figured out at $2550.00. Later model 496 HO engines will have to also get the optional adjustable fuel pressure regulator ($175.00 upgrade). Other than the regulator, the kit comes complete.
In my opinion, and in the opinions of some of the companies that have helped us with this project, (Raylar, Extreme Custom Marine, Eliminator, and Ultra Custom Boats) we feel we have a superior kit. With all factors considered, I don't believe a finer kit currently exists. We will be updating the website with all the dyno sheets and technical information this next week. I'll keep everyone posted. Thank you,
Bob @ Dana Marine 951-279-5005

Last edited by dana marine products; 01-28-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Re: Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

We ran the dyno tests on the Dana 496 exhaust and had a bit of a hand in designing the kit for installation. I can tell you that the results Bob is quoting here are real. We ran the tests on new bone stock fully equipped 496 merc motors and we did the installs so I can tell you they are the easiest ones to date we've installed and definitly one of the best looking setups. The dyno was calibrated to SAE standards, we used regular pump gas and we ran the motors with all accessories including the clossed coolings systems, raw water pumps belts hoses etc.,just as they would run in your boat. We also installed one of our BCK103 kits on the 496HO engine and with the Dana Exhaust it made 568HP at 5000 rpms with no ECM changes. We believe that the Dana 496 system definitly represents the best Bang & Bling for the buck in 496 exhaust systems.
Real results from those in the know!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 01-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

Also - the video of our endeavor with this project will be on our website within 7 days. This will include the dyno time, boat install, and boat running. We are also preparing a new video for Raylar which I'm sure they will have playing at both the LA and Miami boat shows. This is a very intersting documentry on the installation of a Raylar 525 kit. Very informative, and fun to watch. Hey Ray, your footage came out great. I worked on it all day yesterday, I'm conifdent you'll be excited with the results.

Last edited by dana marine products; 01-28-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

I have a 2005 496 will I need the fuel regulator?
Old 01-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

Yes, the easiest way to tell is if your fuel pump assembly is on the starboard side of the engine. If it is, you'll need it. If it's on the port side, we've found that the earlier model 496's were setup richer in the computer and do not need additional fuel pressure. A quick note, thie installation and calibration of this new regulator is extremely simple and is shown very clearly in the Dana Marine installation instructions. It takes about 3 minutes to do.

Last edited by dana marine products; 01-28-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

I can't wait to test'm out!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

I have the quick and quiet 2 system, will I need a different riser?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Registered

We've designed this system to be a direct fit exhaust. It will fit directly in the place of your stock setup. The only difference is on twin engine applications. Our manifolds are wider. The will fit down to 34.5 center to center.

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.