Dana Flow Torque Manifolds w/ Procharger >

Dana Flow Torque Manifolds w/ Procharger

Notices

Dana Flow Torque Manifolds w/ Procharger

Old 03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana Flow Torque Manifolds w/ Procharger

Does anyone know whether the Dana manifolds can work with a Procharger M-3 setup?
I would love to buy a set of these but I need to know if the Procharger inlet will hit the manifold. I'm currently running Lightning Headers (which have a swept back primary pipe) and the inlet of my M-3 just about touches the header.
I've asked this question on another thread but no seemed to know anyone that was running this combination.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Smile

Sorry, I have no idea, I suggest you buy a set and try it. If it won't fit, you can give the Dana manifolds to me. I'm a nice guy, I'll pay shipping!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HARDCORE A/O
Does anyone know whether the Dana manifolds can work with a Procharger M-3 setup?
I would love to buy a set of these but I need to know if the Procharger inlet will hit the manifold. I'm currently running Lightning Headers (which have a swept back primary pipe) and the inlet of my M-3 just about touches the header.
I've asked this question on another thread but no seemed to know anyone that was running this combination.
Im taking it you have a 454 or 502 & not a 496 as the 496 kits use an M1sc.. I dont know for sure if it will fit, If it does it will be close. I know the manifolds are about 1.25" wider than the OEMs.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 03-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Thanks for the offer Nova!
Donzi: My motor is a Dart Big M block 540 c.i.d. (not the 496 series). From what I'm seeing from photos of the Danas, the inlet is going to be at least very close to the manifold.
I'm thinking that I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the damn things. My Lightnings are too small on the primaries (1 7/8") for my Jim V ported heads is the problem. Anyone know the primary diameter of the Danas? I've asked this question on another thread and it seems from Dana's specs (cross-sectional area) that the primary diameter is larger but I'm not sure what the diameter is exactly. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

Not really a diameter--- they are rectangle. I didn't measure them, but here a couple pictures of mine.
Attached Thumbnails Dana Flow Torque Manifolds w/ Procharger-img_0425.jpg   Dana Flow Torque Manifolds w/ Procharger-img_0426.jpg  
Old 03-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered

Here's some dimensions on the Dana exhaust vs. a set of 1 7/8" diameter tubed headers. These dimensions are internal surface areas.

Primary port at the head -
DMP Manifold - 3.062"
1 7/8" tube header - 2.759"

Collector Area -
DMP manifold - 2.785 each port - 4 ports collectively 11.14"
Tube header with a 3.5" I.D. - 8.9416"
Tube header with a 4" I.D. - 11.787" I.D.

Normal tube header runner length is 15.5"
DMP exhaust have a 27" long runner length
Old 03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Commercial Member

Thanks for the offer Nova!
Donzi: My motor is a Dart Big M block 540 c.i.d. (not the 496 series). From what I'm seeing from photos of the Danas, the inlet is going to be at least very close to the manifold.
I'm thinking that I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the damn things. My Lightnings are too small on the primaries (1 7/8") for my Jim V ported heads is the problem. Anyone know the primary diameter of the Danas? I've asked this question on another thread and it seems from Dana's specs (cross-sectional area) that the primary diameter is larger but I'm not sure what the diameter is exactly. Thanks.

Possibly this will help you..

1.78" headers = 2.759" of surface area @ the head for each ports. The Dana's have 3.062" od surface area @ the head for each of the ports.

That would put the Dana primaries = at approximatley 2 to 2.25" where the primaries bolt to the heads.

I believe that where the risers on a dana meet the manifold ports they have an opening surface of 11.14 combined for the 4 ports before entering the vortex/venturi collector. A header with 1.78" tubes would have a surface area of about 11.036" where it enters the collector

Also an FYI CMI E tops have 15.5" runners. The Dana has 27" runner equivalents.

If you need more info or would like to order a set please give me a call.. Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628

BTW: We have a set coming that is going to be installed on our own new Donzi.. Jamie

Old 03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by dana marine products
Here's some dimensions on the Dana exhaust vs. a set of 1 7/8" diameter tubed headers. These dimensions are internal surface areas.

Primary port at the head -
DMP Manifold - 3.062"
1 7/8" tube header - 2.759"

Collector Area -
DMP manifold - 2.785 each port - 4 ports collectively 11.14"
Tube header with a 3.5" I.D. - 8.9416"
Tube header with a 4" I.D. - 11.787" I.D.

Normal tube header runner length is 15.5"
DMP exhaust have a 27" long runner length
You must have been putting up the info @ the same time as me.. Great minds think alike.. lol.. Jamie

Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys. The more I hear the more I believe I'm going to buy a set of these. Thx.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Commercial Member

Thanks for the info guys. The more I hear the more I believe I'm going to buy a set of these. Thx.

No problem Im here when you are ready.. Feel free call me with any other questions you may have.. Jamie / Lakeside

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque Manifolds w/ Procharger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.