Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine? >

New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?

Notices

New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?

Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by betitbig
LIVORSI...

I had my guages installed by a reputable shop in my area and they broke my new high dollar GPS speedo and tried to pass the buck off to Livorsi.
The term "reputable" is used loosely here.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
The term "reputable" is used loosely here.

Ok, I could say... GT Performance - Montclair, CA
Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

Rob,

Let me check for pictures on my home computer tonight. If not I'll be getting my boat ready for summer in the next several days and I'll snap a pic then.

Pat
Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Thanks
Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered

Default Autometer Marine

Originally Posted by Leathl_WS6
Thanks for the info everyone.

Anyone actually see or use the new Auto Meter Marine's yet. They look very nice in the pictures.
They are nice gauges.
Attached Thumbnails New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?-dsc03461.jpg  
Old 04-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought Auto Meters for my Donzi. Platinum faces and chrome rims. Haven't had a chance to install them, boat is 300 miles away.

Ken
Old 04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Care to be more specific?

1/2 of them fog up, the all pressure guages are wildly inaccurate and the quality of the sending units is unacceptable. they are reminiscent of some taiwanese knock off... except i bought them direct from gaffrig so i know they are genuine. i bought them because the original's i took out ( cig top gun) were gaffrig and they were very good. accurate and were 10 yrs old and still moisture free and worked well. they looked a bit shabby and had to convert the fuel press gages for injection so i bought all... BAD mistake.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesxm
1/2 of them fog up, the all pressure guages are wildly inaccurate and the quality of the sending units is unacceptable. they are reminiscent of some taiwanese knock off... except i bought them direct from gaffrig so i know they are genuine. i bought them because the original's i took out ( cig top gun) were gaffrig and they were very good. accurate and were 10 yrs old and still moisture free and worked well. they looked a bit shabby and had to convert the fuel press gages for injection so i bought all... BAD mistake.
Did you check the original ones to see who made them??? Years ago there were 2 Gaffrig Company's and they had a fall out over the name....one is now called Livorsi and the other is still Gaffrig.....but at that time they Both used the Gaffrig name...difference was the Gaffrig/Livorsi units said "Precision Instruments" under the Gaffrig name and on the very bottom of the gauge under the rim it said Livorsi Marine Inc.......you may have just bought the wrong "Gaffrig" replacements by mistake....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Steve_H

i went with AutoMeter mostly because size and color choices and they were a little cheaper. havent had a chance to see how they actually work yet (upholstery shop taking forever)

AutoMeter was the only one that had the sizes & functions i needed all in the same color. black carbon face w/chrome bezels.

got mine at egauges.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

Steve XM - I agree completely, my new Gafrig gauges are less accurate than the old ones I replaced!

Quick Reply: New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.