Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
acid to clean bottom of boat ???? >

acid to clean bottom of boat ????

Notices

acid to clean bottom of boat ????

Old 05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys - anyone interested can buy it just like me except you will have cases and in large quantity to qualify AND you will need to have a qualified business that the production company will sell to. Since I am a distributor and have earned the right to sell their product I have plenty of product to sell should anyone want some. To hear what everyone who has used it says do a search for Ringo and/or gel stain remover here on OSO and you can find out as much as you like including pricing and how to get it.

If anyone would like to IM me directly I welcome that also but I do travel internationally and am currently away in Asia for the next couple of weeks (until Memorial Day weekend) and will be able to fill orders the week after Memorial Day for those interested. Check out the other posts to find all the details.

Thanks,
Dave
Vyper340
Old 05-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin
I always use oxalic acid, It definately works awesome. I buy it from the local paint store in 2lbs containers ($10-15) and mix a few of tablespoons with a gallon of hot water. Just spray it on and wait 30secs and repeat a couple of times to cover all stains, then rinse off. Really no need for rubber gloves either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxalic_acid

Compared to the muriatic acid it sounds a bit less aggressive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muriatic_Acid
Those items are NOT the same and WILL damage your gel coat. Use at your own risk but don't say we didn't tell you so. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
mjb
Registered

Well, I feel like Sherlock Holmes but after much surfing I did find a wholesale distributor for RINGO that will gladly sell it by the gallon....and you can buy directly from their website at www.spapartners.com Actually, I think they even manufacture the product themselves. It's $25 for a gallon. I just ordered one and I hope it lives up to the hype. I have used on/off for years and I have to agree that it does remove the stains but they do come back even quicker. Lets see what RINGO does.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

That is NOT the Ringo that is used by the boaters here nor is it the one that I sell. It would be interesting if that stuff works as well but I have my doubts. Let's hear if someone tries it and compares it the to real product called RINGO not ring-go.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
mjb
Registered

ok....now my head hurts!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So does RINGO have any kind of acid in it??????

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:57 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
So does RINGO have any kind of acid in it??????
Don't think so

You can apply it w/ your bare hands, there are no fumes to gag you. When you rinse it off, it looks like soap. PLUS you won't have staining returning quicker and quicker. It is really a "best kept secret".
The "other board" was going to sell it on his site, but he and Vyper butted heads.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

I actually tracked down the real Ringo and was able to buy it by the case. I boat in the hudson River and the scum line and tea staining is probably as bad or worse than any other river. By the time I bought a case and paid for shipping it came to like 10.00-12.00 per bottle. In the end I just bought Star-brite hull cleaner for 7.00 per quart from Walmart, which worked as good and was available anytime I needed it..
Old 05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris288
I actually tracked down the real Ringo and was able to buy it by the case. I boat in the hudson River and the scum line and tea staining is probably as bad or worse than any other river. By the time I bought a case and paid for shipping it came to like 10.00-12.00 per bottle. In the end I just bought Star-brite hull cleaner for 7.00 per quart from Walmart, which worked as good and was available anytime I needed it..
I'll bet if there is no acid, it is a caustic cleaner. If it feels slippery/slick to the touch (more so than normal soap) then it is most certainly caustic.

Caustic = not much better (if any better) than acid. The problem is there really is no such thing as a strong (aggressive) cleaner that isn't an acid or caustic. Example: Simple Green is a caustic cleaner.

I work for a food machinery OEM, and we have to design our equipment around this fact. Certain types of cleaners work on certain types of soils.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jmherbert
I'll bet if there is no acid, it is a caustic cleaner. If it feels slippery/slick to the touch (more so than normal soap) then it is most certainly caustic.

Caustic = not much better (if any better) than acid. The problem is there really is no such thing as a strong (aggressive) cleaner that isn't an acid or caustic. Example: Simple Green is a caustic cleaner.

I work for a food machinery OEM, and we have to design our equipment around this fact. Certain types of cleaners work on certain types of soils.

Thats what I am thinking ,It has to have something harsh in it for it to work.I remember when everybody was recommended on and off and saying it didnt have any acid in it .I ordered a bottle and got the Mfg off it called them and asked , It had acid in it.

We use to use caustic beads for cleaning in out biz .its strong .I use to watch coke cans disappear in minutes in it

Another thing ya have to watch using Simple Green Ive seen it the eat paint off car motors before

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: acid to clean bottom of boat ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.