Fuel Problem! help >

Fuel Problem! help

Notices

Fuel Problem! help

Old 05-28-2007, 04:26 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

BTW: If you don't think all this is needed, I'm rebuilding a motor that lasted 2 hours after not following every little step
Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
If you cannot send the motor to be dyno/tuned then you need to send someone who can all the info they would collect during that process. Contact on of the people here in the states (I use Precision Marine) and find out what info he needs to get your computer straight.

(Confirm with who you pick but, they'll need you to run a fuel pressure gauge, vacuum gauge and an O2 (oxygen) sensor and pull readings every 200 rpm throughout the rpm range. With that info he can get your computer dam near perfect)
Since I bought everything from Tyler crockett, I would prefer to send it to him since he knows every part I bought and even so, he had done my re mapping of the ECM.
After talking to him, I found out that the adjustable fuel regulator was block, so I cleaned it up. Now I see what happens, although after going through this forum I noticed that alot of people had the some problem which it turned out to be IAC. Hopefully I managed to get a hold of a DDT and by tomorrow may be we find the problem.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

If I was guessing (and thats all I'm doing here without seeing whats really going on) I would say your map sensor isn't plugged all the way in or is bad. You could still use a merc scan tool even though you have modified things to get readings to find out if your basic components are even working,good luck,Smitty
Old 05-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
If I was guessing (and thats all I'm doing here without seeing whats really going on) I would say your map sensor isn't plugged all the way in or is bad. You could still use a merc scan tool even though you have modified things to get readings to find out if your basic components are even working,good luck,Smitty
Thanks Smitty,

I will check that as well.
It has to be some sort of sensor cause the engine works well at high revs, it's from idle to 2k it's were the problem is.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Registered

I managed to get a DDT scanner and it showed no trouble codes, So I changed the Msd dist cap and the rotor but I'm still with the same problem, a hunting idle, it idles at 1000 rpm, and it's like loosing timing. if anyone can come up with an idea please help.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Put a vaccum pump on the Map sensor and see if more vaccum at idle cleans up the idle. If so that will tell you that is the problem. I have done this on another type of computer when it was self tunning and it makes the computer go to a leaner part of the fuel map.
At least it might indicate where the problem lies.

Another solution to your problem might be an after market computer.. I am using a Megasquirt on my boat and have managed to make it work pretty good, so far, still in the evolution and tuning stages. http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
http://www.msefi.com/index.php?c=2
They dont like to talk about other systems on this site, and they dont like to answer questions until you have read the manual, but there is a wealth of info, that may help you out.

Hope this helps..
D*ck
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Mr Gadgets;2164155]Put a vaccum pump on the Map sensor and see if more vaccum at idle cleans up the idle.

Thanks Mr gadgets, thats another option.

Harry