What carbs should I get >

What carbs should I get

Notices

What carbs should I get

Old 06-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What carbs should I get

I have a 26 ft Chris Craft stinger. I have 2 350's at the machine shop right now getting the once over! I have a boating buddy that told me that I have to use a marine carb or a 4-wheel off road carb for my boat. Does this sound right to you guys? I just wanna make sure before I spend a thousand dollars on carbs I cant even use!
Thanks !
Old 06-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

You need Marine carbs in the 650cfm range.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

OK, but what would have happened had I used just a standard
say 650-700 cfm range street carb? I was told it was because of a difference in the float. And a street carb would flood?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AS IS
OK, but what would have happened had I used just a standard
say 650-700 cfm range street carb? I was told it was because of a difference in the float. And a street carb would flood?
Other than explode? Probably nothing.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

Marine quadrajets are dime a dozen on ebay. They are all 750 cfm with different metering rods. Very economical. Little primaries, and big secondaries.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Other than explode? Probably nothing.
I think Cuda means it could possibly cause irreversable damage if used. The bad part is if that happens and the insurance finds out you were using a non marine carb....Bye Bye insurance money.
My vote is fore the eldelbrock 600cfm marine carbs. I have them on both of my boats and I will probably never go with anything different. But, everyone has a preference; and you won't pay thousands for two carbs. I got mine for $320 a piece. Both ran great out of the box! Good luck!!!
Anthony
Old 06-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Registered

Well explode is not what I was hoping to do!!!!
OK, marine carbs for me it is.
Omthis, where did you get yours. Gotta be honest havent even looked at marine carbs till now. Just grabbed a Jegs Catalog and found 600 and 750 cfms for around $460-$500 each. Still putting me at he thousand dollars mark. But like Cuda said maybe I can ebay them, if I can find them new.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure what jegs book you are looking at, but jegs part# 350-1409 600 cfm $319.00 bucks each, but if you took off q-jets you will need adapters to install on a q-jet intake, I have converted many, any questions, just ask.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered

Thanks Hooz. My intakes are Weiand Team -G single plane with 2" rise. Took 1 off the cracked motors that was in the boat and ordered the other to match.( boat was about half stripped when I got her) But with those intakes I should be able to run the Q jet right? at least that is the plan today, Hell yesterday I was wanting street carbs! lol
Did find some carbs on ebay Rochester Marine Q-JET Carb. w/ Electric Choke 5.7L
Buy now at $ 219 but it doesnt say what CFM
Oh and it is a Reman.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I,m not a 100% sure of the q-jet cfm, I do know you can take 1 off a v-6 rejet it and put it on a 502, and it will run a stock motor, I think they are in the 680 range, what carbs came off your boat? are yu planning to make any real HP? thats not a bad price for remans, but be careful, there are a lot of bad remans and very few good, thats why I started using the edelbrocks, new edels cost the same as a good reman quad.

Quick Reply: What carbs should I get

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.