problems installing emi exhaust >

problems installing emi exhaust

Notices

problems installing emi exhaust

Old 07-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default problems installing emi exhaust

anyone have problems installing emi thunder exhaust.i have the manifold hitting the back of the power steering line and bolts won't line up.got the short risers to work with my silent choice and theres to much of a angle to make the connection.may have to ditch the silenent choice for the weekend till i can find a way to make it work.not even working on the throttle side yet.any heads up?454 mag carb
Old 07-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I had to use a special bracket for my IMCO Powerflow mainifolds to clear the power steering. Do a search, I posted the part a few months bag. As I remember a member Griff sold the same bracket for $50 a few months ago.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Registered

if i needed a bracket they should include in in the kit with the other brackets for oil filter and shifter linkage.not real happy with this install right now.stuck in the engine compartment last night,90 degrees out and 90% humid,sweat running in my eyes.you guys know what i'm talking about.worse thing is i will be suprised if i pick-up anything.sorry just venting
Old 07-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Steve_H

mine hit the pump line also. emi told me its tight but will fit if you bend the line slightly. it did.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

steve did you pick-up anything switching exhaust?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Steve_H

the previous owner installed the exhaust right before i bought the boat. he made me aware of the clearance problem and left the pump loose. anyway i dont know if it helped performance or not but they sound good.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

I Bent The Line Ever So Slightly And Added A Spacer.which Helped Alot.
Attached Thumbnails problems installing emi exhaust-exhaust.jpg  
Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the same problem with mine. I did as the others said and bent the line slightly and it fit. I gained about 2 MPH with modified engine. Results may be less with a stock setup. Good luck with your project.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having problems with the oil filter bracket. When I ordered the kit I bought the oil filter relocation bracket. Only problem is that one of the lines is too short. It comes with an extension kit but its not for the hose thats too short.
It's hard line tubing from the block then hose up the side of the block where it is straight hard tubing along the valve cover to the filter mount. The new bracket moves the filter forward about 4 inches but the line doesnt have enough slack to go the distance. I'm thinking about getting rid of the stock line and putting braided line and fittings on. Anybody ever had this problem? It's on a 7.4 MPI Bravo I.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brwn234
I'm having problems with the oil filter bracket. When I ordered the kit I bought the oil filter relocation bracket. Only problem is that one of the lines is too short. It comes with an extension kit but its not for the hose thats too short.
It's hard line tubing from the block then hose up the side of the block where it is straight hard tubing along the valve cover to the filter mount. The new bracket moves the filter forward about 4 inches but the line doesnt have enough slack to go the distance. I'm thinking about getting rid of the stock line and putting braided line and fittings on. Anybody ever had this problem? It's on a 7.4 MPI Bravo I.
I welded a bracket out of angle iron and relocated the filter to the stringer about 6 inches forward of the transom.

Quick Reply: problems installing emi exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.