Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
problems installing emi exhaust >

problems installing emi exhaust

Notices

problems installing emi exhaust

Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went with custom lines on the last install and moved the oil filter to a remote location - not on the engine.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I made a bracket and mounted the remote oil filter on the transom of one of my old boats. You can mount it anywhere. Put it where its out of the way, yet easily accessible.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

I'm having the same problem mounting my Emi manifolds, it's hitting the line on the back of the power steering pump. You guys say you bent it, is it as simple bending it in while still attached to the pump? Or do I need to pull the line out of the boat and use a pipe bender/vice or something more technical.?? Thanks in advance for the help..
Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by kenny j
I'm having the same problem mounting my Emi manifolds, it's hitting the line on the back of the power steering pump. You guys say you bent it, is it as simple bending it in while still attached to the pump? Or do I need to pull the line out of the boat and use a pipe bender/vice or something more technical.?? Thanks in advance for the help..
you can bend it on the engine,usually a plastic dead blow on the crimp works..you may also need to loosen the fitting and reroute it..
Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
you can bend it on the engine,usually a plastic dead blow on the crimp works..you may also need to loosen the fitting and reroute it..
Thank you,, I was playing with rerouting it today., but was scared to try and pry on it or smack it with the dead blow.. I needed to hear how it worked for someone elese before I started in with a lil muscle on that tiny fitting.., everytime I work on my boat, sheet comes up and end up missing a weekend outa it..
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

It worked like a charm!! A LIL bend goes a long way! I loosened the fitting a little, moved it away from the engin a Lil bit, just enough to get the crimped part of the line around the end if the bracket,, then with a Lil leverage, it bent in just enough to give me clearance!!! That's for the info guys! The knowledge on this site is extensive and appreciated!!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:25 PM
Registered

Biggest pice junk I have ever seen power steering line won't fit stud holes drilled crooked had to grind on tails to get them on