Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Which Supercharger is better? >

Which Supercharger is better?

Notices

Which Supercharger is better?

Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Whipple have a kit for your engine? The Prochargers (in my research) are not a direct bolt on and run system. Som tuning is required on the water, or on a dyno.

When I installed my Whipple we had to send the computer back to have remaped again. Idel caracteristics vary with different engines. The Whipple is the better looking by far.

Where are you located?

Here is a pic of my install
Attached Thumbnails Which Supercharger is better?-lost-pics-003-oso.jpg  

Last edited by Canada Jeff; 07-31-2007 at 06:34 AM. Reason: picture didn't load
Old 07-31-2007, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Does Whipple have a kit for your engine? The Prochargers (in my research) are not a direct bolt on and run system. Som tuning is required on the water, or on a dyno.

When I installed my Whipple we had to send the computer back to have remaped again. Idel caracteristics vary with different engines. The Whipple is the better looking by far.

Where are you located?

Here is a pic of my install
Nice install! I'm not sure if they have a system for my boat. I live in Sudbury Ontario.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered

Sudbury eh...well, the company that put my supercharger on is about the same distance from you, as they are from me.

If you want to speak to an experience installer and a Whipple dealer, I can give you a phone number and a contact.

They are out of Grand Island NY. Just over the bridge at Niagra. They install, prop, water test, the whole nine yards. When you pick it up, your good to go.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

Sudbury eh...well, the company that put my supercharger on is about the same distance from you, as they are from me.

If you want to speak to an experience installer and a Whipple dealer, I can give you a phone number and a contact.

They are out of Grand Island NY. Just over the bridge at Niagra. They install, prop, water test, the whole nine yards. When you pick it up, your good to go.
Thanks Jeff the contact information would be great....................
Old 07-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered

HTG Motosports. 716 773 6131 ask for Rob. He's the owner. He has sold alot of Whipples, and did a great job on mine.

Oh, and the low US dollar is nice too.

Tell him Jeff Tomlinson from Ottawa got you his info.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered

HTG Motosports. 716 773 6131 ask for Rob. He's the owner. He has sold alot of Whipples, and did a great job on mine.

Oh, and the low US dollar is nice too.

Tell him Jeff Tomlinson from Ottawa got you his info.
Thanks alot Jeff, now the only other problem I might have is the outdrive, any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered

Like I asked in the drive section, can you replace it with a Merc? I don't know if they are interchangable?

I am not familiar with the volvo setup. With this new power, you'll at least want a spare drive.

You should have hydraulic steering too.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Like I asked in the drive section, can you replace it with a Merc? I don't know if they are interchangable?

I am not familiar with the volvo setup. With this new power, you'll at least want a spare drive.

You should have hydraulic steering too.
The volvo outdrives are stronger than mercs. Not sure about a duoprop though. You will want a single pro something when it is said and done. There is another thread in the outdrive Q&A about bolt on merc replacements.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
The volvo outdrives are stronger than mercs. Not sure about a duoprop though. You will want a single pro something when it is said and done. There is another thread in the outdrive Q&A about bolt on merc replacements.
Yes these DPX-drives are very strong. I know guys here who run +800hp on that drive with out any probs. And yes Its a very good hydraulic steering on that drive!

Mange
Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mange
Yes these DPX-drives are very strong. I know guys here who run +800hp on that drive with out any probs. And yes Its a very good hydraulic steering on that drive!

Mange
You guys are the best, thank you for the replies. Like they say it doesn't hurt to ask.........................

Quick Reply: Which Supercharger is better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.