what size of blower do I need >

what size of blower do I need

Notices

what size of blower do I need

Old 10-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
I was thinking a 14/71 also. 622CU/IN is a hell of a lot of motor to feed. I'd give the guys at PSI a call. I'm sure they will get you on the right road.
Darrell.
1471 will more than feed a 600" motor...PSI's are cool...but you really need to be turning upper 6's to 7000+ rpm to see any real advantage.

Last edited by jdnca1; 10-09-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
What Octane you going to use?
Big blower turning slow wont idle well and your plugs will load up quickly.

Why do you say this? If the carbs are right it won't ever load up, has nothing to do with the blower. Granted we could get into other issues, cam design, ignition, etc...but the blower has noting to do with it....
Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need to start by buying pistons first. I run 8.5:1 comp. on many of my pump gas supercharged packages. I would run a 1471 size supercharger for sure on this application with to dominator style carbs. Please feel free to contact me, I can give you the best pricing around on every component you need with our 50 years of business. (216) 398-8500. Thanks again!

Dean Gellner
Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the fuel i'm looking to run is good old lake powell 91, part water, part fuel, just kidding, over the years it has been pretty good, water sep, has stayed clean, here in utah, the best pump fuel you can buy is 91, I don't want to get into the octane booster, been there, pain in a--, I'll cut the timing back to 28 to keep things together. I am running an Imco 12" extension with a 3" rise, the scoop on the hatch is large, but not large enough to accomodate a 14/71 with a chiller, thats the only reason I'm looking to stay away from a cooler, I will give marv at psi a call as strip suggested, now single carb, or twin, where would you get them?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hoozeyurdaddy
the fuel i'm looking to run is good old lake powell 91, part water, part fuel, just kidding, over the years it has been pretty good, water sep, has stayed clean, here in utah, the best pump fuel you can buy is 91, I don't want to get into the octane booster, been there, pain in a--, I'll cut the timing back to 28 to keep things together. I am running an Imco 12" extension with a 3" rise, the scoop on the hatch is large, but not large enough to accomodate a 14/71 with a chiller, thats the only reason I'm looking to stay away from a cooler, I will give marv at psi a call as strip suggested, now single carb, or twin, where would you get them?

Marv is at www.boostdaddy.com not PSI. Also Dean Gellner can hook ya up, He's on the same page as were talking about. Give him a call also!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
You will need to start by buying pistons first. I run 8.5:1 comp. on many of my pump gas supercharged packages. I would run a 1471 size supercharger for sure on this application with to dominator style carbs. Please feel free to contact me, I can give you the best pricing around on every component you need with our 50 years of business. (216) 398-8500. Thanks again!

Dean Gellner
CALL DEAN , your nuts if you don't, he just helped MIKE on here with a 572,,1071,1000hp that he needed help setting up DEAN did not do the rebuild to the motor but helped a lot, he can get you the 1471, carbs and tell you if your cam is ok. my other friend just got rid of some PSIs there only 10,000 a piece and you have to spin them high. the 1471 is half that. DEANS THE MAN he has lots of motors in the high end boats OLs, SKATERS, one thats going to turbines. art

Last edited by AIR TIME; 10-10-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

Default Blower questions

Respectfully, I would say that your issue is not an engine question. Your issue will be a drive issue. Buy lots of new ones early and often.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Registered

I agree about talking with Dean also, but at 10.5:1 with a big blower turning that slow is not the ticket here...the fuel will stick to the rotors at slow speeds, idle.
Try an 8-71 at 2 psi. with 750's....91 will only support that.
Or your going to have to re-piston the for more boost.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hoozeyurdaddy
The last time I was on Powell.... all we could get was regular...
Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
I agree about talking with Dean also, but at 10.5:1 with a big blower turning that slow is not the ticket here...the fuel will stick to the rotors at slow speeds, idle.
Try an 8-71 at 2 psi. with 750's....91 will only support that.
Or your going to have to re-piston the for more boost.

Agreed, 8.5:1 with a big blower turing slow is what I was referring to.. like a 14 turning 5% under...

Quick Reply: what size of blower do I need

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.