bbc too high oil pressure >

bbc too high oil pressure

Notices

bbc too high oil pressure

Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this will sound silly BUT

Take a look at the remote filter housing and filters to see if there is only 1 gasket (o ring).I know it might sound KRAZY but it happens!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered

oil is leaking this time from ,braided dip stick tube where it joins together, the oil pan gasket looked like there being forced out the rails..
we checked the pressure with a different guage as there on the floor and verified with the gaffrigs in the boat.
i spoke to world and several others and some thought the high pressure was fine that the problem is venting,maybe too high a flow blocking some of the venting gallies in the block ,not allowing good pressure relief from the bottom end to the top, suggestions are for 2 breathers each valve cover.
any other suggestions?
Old 11-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Default 540 with High Oil Pressure

I build my 540, at first tried 20W50 and had 80 to 100 lbs at idle cold, and 80 idle hot, changed to 10W40 syn and now have 80 lbs cold, 60 lbs hot, and about 75-80 wot. It was enough of a drop to make me feel good about not going back into the engine.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bet that engine is too tight for marine aps. THeir quality control sux. I would definitely check it before I ran it.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Registered

Why is no one listening to BillK? He nailed it right on the head. Your oil pressure has nothing to do with the blowby symptoms you are describing.

It is possible though that the high OP is creating some high oil temps due to cycling through the pump and then dumping then back again. Not to mention the obvious potential the bearing clearances are too tight.

Bottom line though, two seperate problems.

BT
Old 11-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by copiercat
oil is leaking this time from ,braided dip stick tube where it joins together, the oil pan gasket looked like there being forced out the rails..
This has nothing to do with oil pressure.

Originally Posted by copiercat
suggestions are for 2 breathers each valve cover.
You should not need two breathers on each valve cover. My suggestion is to see if you can find a good shop with a blowby meter that measures blowby in cfm and see how much you have. If it is excessive, it is probably a piston ring problem, not much else can cause it.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

high OP is creating some high oil temps due to cycling through the pump and then dumping then back again

how does this work ? is it because of a relief valve bypassing the filter or cooler?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Registered

Sounds like blowby aswell!To much crank case pressure is the only thing that can push out oil pan gaskets!Blowby is caused by the explosion leaking past the rings and pressureizing the block,like an air compressor.The only way the air can get out is the weakest places,hence the oil pan gaskets.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JJONES
Sounds like blowby aswell!To much crank case pressure is the only thing that can push out oil pan gaskets!Blowby is caused by the explosion leaking past the rings and pressureizing the block,like an air compressor.The only way the air can get out is the weakest places,hence the oil pan gaskets.
id say it would vent through the dipstick before the gaskets but im no expert rob
Old 11-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

hey Bill
i might concur with you on that but both motors doing identical things,, i think that i would have different symptoms such as power loss and such, they got about 35 hours of run time and are very strong, they both pull 5950 rpm's and not burning oil... we got a call into innovations just down the road
not sure what they got to say about it since they didnt build them but maybe they know something

Quick Reply: bbc too high oil pressure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.