Do I need a high torque starter??? >

Do I need a high torque starter???

Notices

Do I need a high torque starter???

Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaxx 30
I have run an LS-7 454 with 12.5 compression and had no problem with a stock autozone/kragen starter. Check the juice getting to the starter. Pull the starter and have it tested. If worried about a gasket leak just pull a few plugs and look. I prefer the high torque mini starters just for weight reduction, size reduction, quick start up.
I have checked everthing from wires to plugs. I jumped the starter and nothing.Voltage is fine.I got a gear reduction starter yesterday that i'm putting on today.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I have checked everthing from wires to plugs. I jumped the starter and nothing.Voltage is fine.I got a gear reduction starter yesterday that i'm putting on today.
You could probably just put a hand crank on the front of that little sucker.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
You could probably just put a hand crank on the front of that little sucker.
Is that what the tranny you hired told you last night
Old 04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered

Is that blower motor going to be done for the shootout??
Old 04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Is that blower motor going to be done for the shootout??
Most of th parts should be here by the middle of next week, so I can get started on the machine work.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:26 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Patrick, go to Texas performance or competition sales and pick you up a hi-torque, they are a breeze to install and are much easier on the batteries.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Patrick, go to Texas performance or competition sales and pick you up a hi-torque, they are a breeze to install and are much easier on the batteries.
I got one yesterday but it was getting to late once i got the old one off. My old one has the staggered bolts and the new one has the straight bolt pattern. I was told it will work and i feel some bolt holes on the block that match up,just didn't have time to screw with it lastnight.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

I got one yesterday but it was getting to late once i got the old one off. My old one has the staggered bolts and the new one has the straight bolt pattern. I was told it will work and i feel some bolt holes on the block that match up,just didn't have time to screw with it lastnight.
It will match up, should bolt straight up with stock oil pan, if you have offshore pan you may have to clock the starter a little.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
It will match up, should bolt straight up with stock oil pan, if you have offshore pan you may have to clock the starter a little.
OK i haved been f'in with this for 3 hours now and have mounted it in every way possible.The bendix will not engage the fly wheel. Is there something i'm missing?Is it possible that the bendix doesn't extend as far as the stock one? Or is it not coming up high enough? I'm starting to get frustrated and not sure if i can take another min upsidedown
Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

OK i haved been f'in with this for 3 hours now and have mounted it in every way possible.The bendix will not engage the fly wheel. Is there something i'm missing?Is it possible that the bendix doesn't extend as far as the stock one? Or is it not coming up high enough? I'm starting to get frustrated and not sure if i can take another min upsidedown
does your new starter have the same number of teeth as the old one? there are some options out there that wont work.

Quick Reply: Do I need a high torque starter???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.