Hydraulic Steering >

Hydraulic Steering

Notices

Hydraulic Steering

Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Hydraulic Steering

What brand is the best for a add on system. bravo 1 out drive.

Also what are the differences between systems besides price?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Registered

No one has any insight they could share? The two i am considering are imco and Mayfair. I would like to order this in the morning but would really appreciate it if someone will give me some thoughts on these two brands.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

IMCO makes an excellent system. I use their stuff on 95% of the jobs I do. I have used the Mayfair also. Hardin Marine is making it I believe. I like their system for an add on because of price. Their add on kit is considerably less than IMCO and it gets the job done just fine. Haven't had the first bit of trouble from either system, and I have installed PLENTY of both. You can't go wrong with either. Good luck and let me know if I can help. I am a dealer for both. Hope this helps, Eddie.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Registered

Forgot to mention........
Mayfiar is getting away from the rear cap steering mount. They are using a wing plate. I don't care for the wing plate since it gets in the way when removing and servicing the drive. They are doing it since new Merc drives could have the warranty void if you remove the rear cap to install the new one. Ridiculous.....I know. But that's Merc for you. The wing plate has also raised the price. I like the rear cap that IMCO uses. I think it makes a very clean install.
Eddie
Old 07-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have used both. I used a single ram Mayfair on my 18. They had a cool polished SS bracket. If they still had that setup it would be a slam dunk. As Eddie said, they have gone to a wingplate as have most. It is about $300 more but not a bad deal.

I recently used an INCM trim ram full external on my big donzi. It is a nice product.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Registered

I spoke with Hardin today and they informed me of a new wingplate design they have just released. The new wingplate is a cast(not fabricated) modular design. It not only mounts to the drive studs but it also mounts to the rear cap bolts. It is able to stay on the drive when the drive is removed, since it is attached to the rear cap. It is also able to come apart if needed. This will eliminate the need to remove the wingplate to remove the drive. I really like that since you don't take a chance of scratching the drive. They also have a drive shower that is made to mount with the wingplate, so you have a matching set engineered to work together.
On top of that, the price has not changed. It is back at the original price of the kit when it had the rear cap mount. That puts the complete full hydraulic kit far cheaper than the IMCO. It is around $3300 for the full hydraulic set up.
They are going to send a pic to me. I will post it as soon as I get it. Hope this helps, Eddie.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a pic of the Mayfair single ram add on I installed a couple of months ago. There is a clearance issue with the swim platform on my Nordic but nothing that can taken care of.
Hydraulic Steering-hyd-steering-2.jpg
Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Hey thanks guys for the help!!! I ended up going with the Mayfair
Old 07-23-2008, 02:49 AM
Registered

Good choice.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Here are some pictures of the new system, thanks for the support Eddie.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have, these kits are now on the shelf and ready to ship.

Quick Reply: Hydraulic Steering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.