Notices

502 mag want to make 500 hp. cam problems

Old 02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Yeah!---sounds all too familiar with these cowboys who call themselves "engine builders"---and there are A LOT of them out there. Wesseldyke gets many out-of-state customers with stories just as you have described.
Wesseldyke and Weed are great guys, just had them build a pair of 600's that I am installing for a friend of mine. He built a pair of 650's last year for another friend of mine. And also made a pair of 502 PFI motors last spring. Talk to him, he will have the answer you are looking for.

Nick
Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another problem is that the sprocket wont fit... then when you buy a cover gen 6 kit it is a double roller. then my timing cover wont fit. i can have a dam from lunati ground and sent to me at the same specs of this crane for less than i can make the gen 6 cam work. i really apprecieate everyone's input. you are all very knowledgable. thanks so much. im still wondering what specs i want to make this new cam though. but hey if it is worth anything to anyone its on eab right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220359285006
Old 02-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

Fixxer,
All you need is the stock type single roller Gen6 chain set. It should fit under any timing cover. I am sure the price of the Gen6 timing set is a lot less than the Lunati cam will be. I prefer the Gen6 style anyway, no messing with setting up a cam button, just bolt it in and you are done. But .... its your money

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

mister billk... could i use that plate setup on the gen 5 kit and not use the button? and i purchaced a rollmaster set for the gen 5 crap online. it was over $100.00 and i bet the return polic sucks. thanks so much for the post.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
wesseldyke built new ones for him. over 700hp on pump gas no blowers. it went 99 on 4th of july. i would love to have him build something for me. but im just a poor diesel tech
You must be speaking of Glenn with his 565cid short deck, tunnel ram engines that made 700+HP @ a low 5400rpm. I had the opportunity to meet Glenn when he came to pick up his boat. The stories he told about the 2 previous engine builders who ripped him off and gave him the big goose chase was almost hard to believe. These jackasses cost him 3 years of lost boating and a TON of grief! I am glad he brought his engines to Wesseldyke's shop.....and now Glenn has had 2 trouble free years of boating---and he even ended up bringing his boat too and came all the way from Iowa because he could only find people who were out to lie, cheat and decieve him.

It was RMBuilder/Bob Madara who put Glenn in touch with Dave Wesseldyke. And Bob designed the cam profiles for Glenn's engines.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

the cam i am talking about is one that he had left. and yes im talking about glenn. he is the sales manager at my dealership. and i am a engine tech. (ford). anways i spoke with bob and what a great guy. i told him what i have and im gonna call him tomorrow and he is gonna give me the specs i need. he remembers glenn also... and one more tidbit. i am the only other person besides glenn to pilot that hustler. and one day its gonna be mine. i've also spoke to wessedyke. i have done a few maintinence things to glenns boat and such. i still cant get the damn waterpressure gauges to work again. small world dude. i am by no means working with the ammounts of $ that glenn was working with. but i want a strong runner.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

mister billk... could i use that plate setup on the gen 5 kit and not use the button? and i purchaced a rollmaster set for the gen 5 crap online. it was over $100.00 and i bet the return polic sucks. thanks so much for the post.
Yes, the plate system will work on any Big Block as long as all the pieces are correct. You need the late model "step nose" camshaft, which you have, the proper timing set for the step nose cam, and the retaining plate and screws.

The good single roller timing set with a 9 keyway bottom sprocket is $80 + shipping. If you are interested in getting everything you need to do the swap, email me at [email protected] and I will get you a price.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cam i am talking about is one that he had left. and yes im talking about glenn. he is the sales manager at my dealership. and i am a engine tech. (ford). anways i spoke with bob and what a great guy. i told him what i have and im gonna call him tomorrow and he is gonna give me the specs i need. he remembers glenn also... and one more tidbit. i am the only other person besides glenn to pilot that hustler. and one day its gonna be mine. i've also spoke to wessedyke. i have done a few maintinence things to glenns boat and such. i still cant get the damn waterpressure gauges to work again. small world dude. i am by no means working with the ammounts of $ that glenn was working with. but i want a strong runner.
Bob is the way to go !!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

... and yes im talking about glenn. he is the sales manager at my dealership. and i am a engine tech. (ford). anways i spoke with bob and what a great guy. i told him what i have and im gonna call him tomorrow and he is gonna give me the specs i need. he remembers glenn also... and one more tidbit. i am the only other person besides glenn to pilot that hustler. and one day its gonna be mine. i've also spoke to wessedyke. i have done a few maintinence things to glenns boat and such. i still cant get the damn waterpressure gauges to work again. small world dude. i am by no means working with the ammounts of $ that glenn was working with. but i want a strong runner.
Do me a favor and ask Glenn what is the lowest RPM his engines will sit here and idle at in NEUTRAL ....I am very curious to know. We both have the same cubic inches and same AFR heads only he has tunnel rams and slightly larger cams than I do. Thanx

Last edited by KAAMA; 02-09-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

he is not at work yet but i beleive they sit there at around 750-800. we had a small linkage issue that was causing the port to run at 1k. but we fixed it. other than that those things are bulletproof. ill ask and make sure. but he needs to dial in on the props a little more. he is running bravo1 30p 4 blades and if the boat is light the props will let go at high speeds. i think. last season was so short we had major flooding until july i dont think he really romped on it.

Quick Reply: 502 mag want to make 500 hp. cam problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.