Handguns ?????? >

Handguns ??????

Notices

Handguns ??????

Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
I will google for a local dealer phone # and check the ill laws , the 2 local shops have closed and gone and that was a face to face deal wait i believe 3 days and come back and get it ... So a FFL can be purchased ???
I think you have to actually own a retail business to get an FFL. Everything I said earlier was in reference to buying over the internet. Still easy to go into a store, fill out the forms, and buy what you want.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jryan26
FFL-Federal Firearms Liscense

RHR
Call your buddy Obama he owes you for the campaign contribution.
I bought a Standard Catalog of Firearms last nite 1408 pages, 6ooo fotos, sayz 110,000 accurate prices ... does are present Economy afffect these $$$ also , i seem to remember a few years back guns were appreciating 10% a year ..true or false

And he's your boy,you voted for him looks like hes doing wonders for the stock market
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here you go Running Hot, a super nice Colt Python! Once owned by Reverend Pimpdaddy! Hey, who is that seller anyway? LOL!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/952872130...olt_Python.htm

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-03-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Here you go Running Hot, a super nice Colt Python! Once owned by Reverend Pimpdaddy! Hey, who is that seller anyway? LOL!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/952872130...olt_Python.htm
That baby is Niiiice So it holds 20 rounds it looks like ??
Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered

Right now handguns, while selling briskly are still priced within reason. Anything that would have been under the old assault weapons ban is selling for a premium, althought there are deals to be had and the pressure was easing until last week when Eric Holder reiterated Obama's pledge to ban semi automatic firearms last week and get this, we need to do it to stem the violence in Mexico! I **** you not. We need to disarm Americans to save Mexico. Holder also called the american people "Cowards" when it comes to race in a speach last week, but that would be another thread. Janet Reno was a saint compared to this guy.

Anyway to answer your questions, you can buy a hand gun off the internet but it must be transfered to someone that holds a Federal Firearms Lisense. You can apply for an FFL but it takes a long time, you will have to interview with someone from BATF and essentially be set up as a store, although you do not need a store front, it helps.

Easiest way to purchase is for a local dealer to accept the transfer, they do the background check and usally charge a fee from $10 to $40 for the transfer. There are a lot sites that list who will do a transfer and the majority of dealers do. If you need a handgun purchase permit in you state, should go do that first, that way you don't get a surprise.

And for those suggesting gun shows, there haven't been deals at a gun show for a couple years, at least the ones I have attended. Seems to be the place these days to gouge the unsuspecting.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 03-03-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Right now handguns, while selling briskly are still priced within reason. Anything that would have been under the old assault weapons ban is selling for a premium, althought there are deals to be had and the pressure was easing until last week when Eric Holder reiterated Obama's pledge to ban semi automatic firearms last week and get this, we need to do it to stem the violence in Mexico! I **** you not. We need to disarm Americans to save Mexico. Holder also called the american people "Cowards" when it comes to race in a speach last week, but that would be another thread. Janet Reno was a saint compared to this guy.

Anyway to answer your questions, you can buy a hand gun off the internet but it must be transfered to someone that holds a Federal Firearms Lisense. You can apply for an FFL but it takes a long time, you will have to interview with someone from BATF and essentially be set up as a store, although you do not need a store front, it helps.

Easiest way to purchase is for a local dealer to accept the transfer, they do the background check and usally charge a fee from $10 to $40 for the transfer. There are a lot sites that list who will do a transfer and the majority of dealers do. If you need a handgun purchase permit in you state, should go do that first, that way you don't get a surprise.

And for those suggesting gun shows, there haven't been deals at a gun show for a couple years, at least the ones I have attended. Seems to be the place these days to gouge the unsuspecting.
Thanks and very interesting ONLY IN AMERICA !!!!!

So the gun shows are'nt like a garage sale sorta speak ??
Old 03-03-2009, 11:40 AM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.auctionarms.com

EBAY FOR GUNS!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Von Bongo;2812963]Right now handguns, while selling briskly are still priced within reason. Anything that would have been under the old assault weapons ban is selling for a premium, althought there are deals to be had and the pressure was easing until last week when Eric Holder reiterated Obama's pledge to ban semi automatic firearms last week and get this, we need to do it to stem the violence in Mexico! I **** you not. We need to disarm Americans to save Mexico. Holder also called the american people "Cowards" when it comes to race in a speach last week, but that would be another thread. Janet Reno was a saint compared to this guy.

Anyone bought ammo lately??? Shortage... I buy in bulk from ammoman, ammodepot, always sold out of 9mm, 45 and other popular sizes. Bought 300 rds 9mm at Walmart yesterday,first time in 2 months I was able to find any on the shelf. The guy behind the counter said it's usually sold before he can put it on the shelf.

fFor CCW laws check on packing.org, Illinois is very restrictive on gun ownership.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=CNC;2812991]
Originally Posted by Von Bongo

Anyone bought ammo lately??? Shortage... I buy in bulk from ammoman, ammodepot, always sold out of 9mm, 45 and other popular sizes. Bought 300 rds 9mm at Walmart yesterday,first time in 2 months I was able to find any on the shelf. The guy behind the counter said it's usually sold before he can put it on the shelf.

fFor CCW laws check on packing.org, Illinois is very restrictive on gun ownership.
Sold before it hits the shelfs ...WOW sounds like somebodys gettin ready for a revolution,or to rebel against are friggin Taxs

may have to buy some vacant land in Ind and put up a mail box
Old 03-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Thanks and very interesting ONLY IN AMERICA !!!!!

So the gun shows are'nt like a garage sale sorta speak ??
They used to be and if you hunt hard enough, like anything there are deals but they are much much fewer and far between that 4 or 5 years ago.

An example Wolf .223 FMJ 55 gr $260 for 1000 rounds at Wideners.com ( a low grade plinking ammo) but at the gun show last saturday, multiple vendors $250 for 500 rounds of it. Just fishing for the unsuspecting.

Any tactical optics were $50 to $100 over internet prices, my friend did get a nice deal on a Shepard scope that was $150 off the list price but that's a limited market item. Another friend picked up some 12 gauge Remmington trap shells for under $3 a box.

99.9% of the stuff was at list or better though but then again it's capitalism at work.

Quick Reply: Handguns ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.