Direction of 496 Impeller? HELP!!!! >

Direction of 496 Impeller? HELP!!!!

Notices

Direction of 496 Impeller? HELP!!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 03:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998
Wow! This is great! Thx! Really appreciate the help!
No problem! I just replaced the impeller on my 2002 496 on Thursday, so it was still fresh in my mind how it looked when I took the pump apart. Lucky for me it was still in one piece. If your impeller was that bad you should probably back flush your cooling. Any broken impeller pieces can get stuck anywhere in your system (oil cooler, fuel cooler, exhaust, etc.) and could cause problems down the road.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998
Yes, I actually bought 'Dawn' dish washing liquid today, but then someone else mentioned vasoline. Seems like vasoline, used sparingly would provide longer lubrication, but I agree that it wouldn't wash out like dish soap. I'm going to fire up the motor right after I'm done, so probably no risk of the soap drying up.

Thanks!
KY jelly.

Ken
Old 04-20-2009, 11:14 AM
NoQuarter

I bought the water pump rebuild kit from the R&R guys. Too many grooves in the cup and backing plate. Seems they have a pretty good solution.

http://www.randrproducts.net/product...waterpump.html