Are roller motors loud??? >

Are roller motors loud???

Notices

Are roller motors loud???

Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well

How much can I learn from just pulling the valve covers? Not much other than rockers and maybe measure lift and duration. What else can I do shy of tearing it down? I really didnt want to pull the engine. Hey email me at [email protected] with a pic and a price for the covers. Thanks! Ray
Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedaholic
How much can I learn from just pulling the valve covers? Not much other than rockers and maybe measure lift and duration. What else can I do shy of tearing it down? I really didnt want to pull the engine. Hey email me at [email protected] with a pic and a price for the covers. Thanks! Ray
May not be a problem. Are you running dry exhaust or wet exhaust. Where did this engine come from? Was it all ready in a boat to start with? Did it come with the boat? Maybe some of this other basic info might be easier to answer the questions for you instead of putting the extra strain on your brain?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Default Corsa 26

The motor was built for and already run in the boat I bought. Boat was built to run a Fort Meyers race once a year. Basically a P5 boat. Supposed to be dyno'd at 600+ HP. Suppose to be setup to run mid 70's. It was traded in to a boat dealer and I bought it from them. Motor was done by Rogers engine works in Naples Fl. I spoke to them and they said it was a 9.5 to 1 motor. The engine shop put me in touch with the original owner. There are a lot of questions that he just cant answer. Now im not a total newbe to this stuff. The last several boats I ran were outboard tunnel. This car motor stuff is new to me. When I saw the boat I just had to have it. Im sure in time I will figure all this stuff out. Ray
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedaholic
The motor was built for and already run in the boat I bought. Boat was built to run a Fort Meyers race once a year. Basically a P5 boat. Supposed to be dyno'd at 600+ HP. Suppose to be setup to run mid 70's. It was traded in to a boat dealer and I bought it from them. Motor was done by Rogers engine works in Naples Fl. I spoke to them and they said it was a 9.5 to 1 motor. The engine shop put me in touch with the original owner. There are a lot of questions that he just cant answer. Now im not a total newbe to this stuff. The last several boats I ran were outboard tunnel. This car motor stuff is new to me. When I saw the boat I just had to have it. Im sure in time I will figure all this stuff out. Ray

If it has all ready been running the way it is set up, then leave it alone. I was under the impression that you bought some random engine and stuck it in the boat. Fill it up full of premium and go for it. That will be a fun boat. Mine is set up similar to yours and is a blast. Can't wait to have it in the water again after the restoration.
Attached Thumbnails Are roller motors loud???-creeds-poker-run-003.jpg  
Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Registered

very cool boat!!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Default Well

Hey Jeff1000man! That Magnum is Beautiful! I love the way they did the deck. Great boat! Ray
Old 05-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

Default Engine start up video......

I just did a video of the motor running with a cheap camera. Dont know if this will work. Ray