Carb guys in here.... >

Carb guys in here....

Notices

Carb guys in here....

Old 05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb guys in here....

Alright, so I am freshining up my 800cfm Holleys and I accidentally kinda broke the overflow tube on the primary side. How do you get those things outta there to replace them? Or am I skee-rewed? Also, is that something I can get anywhere?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you get a pair of pliers on what is left? Pliers and maybe some heat from a small propane torch should work. Twist and pull...if it has to be drilled out, you might consider going to a machine shop for help. You can likely find the part # on Holley's website and then try Jegs, Summit or Google.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Registered

ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME ? A TORCH ON A CARB ? DUDE...TAKE YOUR CARB ADVICE ELSEWHERE. WOW !! The tubes are pressed in. Try and work them out the best you can, or maybe an easy out gently. Id call Summit Racing, or Holley directly. Take your time..you'll get it out.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, that is a good idea. I just didnt know if they epoxy them in or if it was simply a press-fit. Coolio. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

Just warm the area up with a heat gun and pull it out with a small pair of vise grips.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Right on fells.... I used a small torch (the carb is off and completely disassembled) and got it out in two seconds. Already ordered replacements and shipped 2nd day air.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by niceguy
Right on fells.... I used a small torch (the carb is off and completely disassembled) and got it out in two seconds. Already ordered replacements and shipped 2nd day air.
Dude what is it with your boat.I'm not sure if I want to come help you Thurs Call me tomorrow so we can figure out whats up. I have to hit work for an hour or 2 and try to get the grass cut but should be free the rest of the day
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Dude what is it with your boat.I'm not sure if I want to come help you Thurs Call me tomorrow so we can figure out whats up. I have to hit work for an hour or 2 and try to get the grass cut but should be free the rest of the day
Not anymore. I just scheduled 4 appointments or you tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I know man, but it's not the boat.... that is my lack of luck. LOL. Actually, this was my fault, I grabbed it and thought it would just twist right out. But it didn't, it broke right the f*&k off. LMAO.

That'll work. I'll hit you up.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tinman565
ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME ? A TORCH ON A CARB ? DUDE...TAKE YOUR CARB ADVICE ELSEWHERE. WOW !! The tubes are pressed in. Try and work them out the best you can, or maybe an easy out gently. Id call Summit Racing, or Holley directly. Take your time..you'll get it out.
Unless you have any clue how repairs are made by people that know what they are doing, DUDE... keep your F*****G coments to your self, and feel free to put the easy-out in your carb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.