first boat help >

first boat help

Notices

first boat help

Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first boat help

OK here is the deal. Im looking to get my first boat, I dont want to spend a huge amount on my first one. I plan to keep this one a year or two then move to somthing newer and nicer. What im looking at is a 87 webbcraft 30' concord with twin 350's and alpha drives. i can pick this up for around 10g with a trailer. What do you guys think of this for a first project? any pros, cons? I will be running it on the lake of the ozarks and a few other lakes around st louis MO.

Thanks for your help and advice
Old 05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

IF YOU ARE GOING TO ONLY HOLD ON TO IT FOR A YEAR BUY a boat that is still being made, formula,baja, checkmate sutphen superboat A.T. SO ON, or what ever is around your area. start with a single 24 to 30ft boat bravo drive. the boat your talking about will be hard to resell cause of motor size and drives and they are not made anymore. GO TOTHE CLASSIFIEDS you should find something in the 10,000 to 15,000 range or ebay. good luck.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

I know of a 26 foot wellcraft spyder with 454's and bravos with trailer for around 12,000..Located near Kansas City
Old 05-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree with above. Single stock engine with a bravo.

You want a years worth of boating out of it, not a years worth of headaches and problems. You will have both with a 1987 twin engine boat.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
I agree with above. Single stock engine with a bravo.

You want a years worth of boating out of it, not a years worth of headaches and problems. You will have both with a 1987 twin engine boat.

That right there is some wise advice. It will take you a year to just dial in an 87' boat with twins.

Darrell.