reversion question help!!!!!!! >

reversion question help!!!!!!!

Notices

reversion question help!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrz
What type of distribution pump/thermostat system are you running? The water in one side could be caused by a cold water bypass, possibly favoring one side and condensing in the exhaust. I have had engines that would cause a milkshake look inside the valve cover before the oil got up to temp.
I do not have a pump on the motor I only have the seawater pump. this is not only in the valve covers it looks like a vanilla milkshake when you drain the oil. the weird part is that its not really showing much of a volume change? I know a little water will cause some discoloration but my oil is emulsified.

Last edited by lake speed; 06-10-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Water in exhaust is always a bit of a problem!

I would still recommend what Patriyacht is saying that the horizontal only tailpipes on those headers are going to cause a water and mist issue during overlap into that engine. If you cannot get some drop to the tips then for all means run cooled tips with the water exit at the tip only even with your cam dialed back in where it should be.

Just my two cents here.
Hope your troubles are over.

Best of Luck
Ray @ Raylar
Old 06-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
I would still recommend what Patriyacht is saying that the horizontal only tailpipes on those headers are going to cause a water and mist issue during overlap into that engine. If you cannot get some drop to the tips then for all means run cooled tips with the water exit at the tip only even with your cam dialed back in where it should be.

Just my two cents here.
Hope your troubles are over.

Best of Luck
Ray @ Raylar
the tailpipes are dry all the way to the tips so I am not surte what you are saying. I had these same headers on my other motor with pretty much the exact same setup with the exception being the cubic inches being a little more on the new motor(22 ci bigger) and the cam in the new motor has a little more duration.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

Ok I got an idea.... it will take a few hours but this should rule out the headers completely.

Remove the headers and swap them onto the other motor. Once you get done swapping both motors, fire them off and see if you have this problem with the other motor on the same header. If not, you have ruled out the headers as the cause and you have singled it out that it is the engine that is the problem.

This should work. I think I read correctly where you said the other motor has no issues at all, right?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by niceguy
Ok I got an idea.... it will take a few hours but this should rule out the headers completely.

Remove the headers and swap them onto the other motor. Once you get done swapping both motors, fire them off and see if you have this problem with the other motor on the same header. If not, you have ruled out the headers as the cause and you have singled it out that it is the engine that is the problem.

This should work. I think I read correctly where you said the other motor has no issues at all, right?
yes my other motor had zero issues with reversion. The crank broke after the main cap decided to take a brake lol. this is a single engine application but I am going to try another set of headers once I get the motor back from stotler.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default What was the fix......

So Lake Speed, What was the fix???? I have almost the same problem.. Thanks