Drive Trim / Tilt help!

Notices

Drive Trim / Tilt help!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drive Trim / Tilt help!

Okay, Rookie question:

My drive trim / tilt doesn't go up. The trim works to go down, but it doesn't work to go up, the trailer tilt switch doesn't work in either direction.

Is there a simple check to diagnose?

I tried jumping the blu/whi to the hot side of the relay and nada. I tried putting it straight to the power terminal between the solenoids and nothing. I am now limited in creative ways to check! HELP!

Oh, I disconnected the trim sender and trim limit switch as I didn't plan on using it. Is that the cause of my problem? Or do I have a shot relay?

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you jumped across the two larger posts on the relay you either have no power at that relay (test with a test light or volt meter) or you have a bad pump. The pumps care (rarely) go bad in one direction. Make sure you have power at the relay first.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I have to connect the trim limit switch (not connected) to anything to make it work?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

easiest thing to do first to verify you have a good motor on the pump is to dissconnect the 3 pump wires (green/blue/black) and hook them straight to power...black is ground the two others are up/down (blue=sky=up green=grass=down) if the pump works then go from there. You should have a decient volt meter for testing things...test lights can give out false readings when there's back feed sometimes....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!