Engine Flush Systems >

Engine Flush Systems

Notices

Engine Flush Systems

Old 07-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine Flush Systems

Any one out there use one? Saw a couple online like superflush. Do these really work like they say they do? Picking up a 1990 Wellcraft Nova ST that has been in mostly fresh water, but now it will see mostly salt. Any input would be great!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Registered

I've been using the Perko kit for the past few years along with the salt away mixer and solution. Very thorough but a P.I.T.A. when you just want to kill the engine at the end of a long day and go home or just chill. I installed the Volvo-Penta QL Neutra Salt system last Saturday and, man, is it easy to use ! No raising the hatch or hooking anything up. When you get back to the slip and are done for the day, flip a switch and let the Neutra Salt solution desalinate the salt water for 45 seconds (I do it for a minute), then kill the motor and flip the switch off. You're done. Couldn't be easier. My $.02, good luck !

Rock
Attached Thumbnails Engine Flush Systems-perko.jpg   Engine Flush Systems-sa-1.jpg   Engine Flush Systems-sa-2.jpg  

Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered

Thanks for these options. It looks like with the superflush system you can flush while the engines are off, which is pretty cool, if it actually works.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RippersVF2
Thanks for these options. It looks like with the superflush system you can flush while the engines are off, which is pretty cool, if it actually works.
I am using SuperFlush and I am very happy with the ease of use.

I have used it for 3 years now, but haven't disassembled anything yet to see how effective it helps against corrosion. I am planning to remove the exhaust elbows in a couple of years and then I will find out.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RippersVF2
I was seriously considering the Superflush system myself but due to the higher price and more complicated install, I went with the Volvo system. Is the Superflush system better ? Maybe but, to me, it's not a few hundred dollars and a few more hours of install time better. I bought the Volvo system on Boatfix.com for $160 and installed it in under an hour. Either way, any flushing is better than none at all.

Rock
Old 04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Registered

I bought Superflush for my Merc 7.4 MPI and it has been working perfectly. I saw someone on Ebay selling it.

Thanks