Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
lab finish, what did you gain? >

lab finish, what did you gain?

Notices

lab finish, what did you gain?

Old 04-03-2002, 10:01 PM
RON

Default lab finish, what did you gain?

I just sent my 28 Bravo prop out to get blueprinted (Labbed) today, for my Eliminator Daytona 25 Cat, and was wondering what to expect in top speed increase, and cruising rpm's.
I sent the prop to York propeller in CA. after hearing lots of good stuff about their work, anyone have their Props done there??

Thanks,
RON...

Old 04-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

You wont gain anything at cruise speed but you will gain about 300 rpm and 2 to 3 mph at wot. --- That is what i got.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also got 2mph and a couple of hundred rpm's.
I didn't notice much in the cruising range though.

I sent mine to Hill in cali.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when the props return, are they knife sharp to the touch. ie would it be a concern with people swimming off the swim platform or just the same safety concern as any other stainless prop.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Cigarette500EFI

Don't forget to be extra careful with your new wheels. The thinner blades will be delicate and easily dinged etc...

Old 04-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Anyone in West Michigan area (Holland/Grand Rapids) have lab finished props, I would like to look at them. seriously considering labbing, but 75% of my boating inccudes my 3 year old, and nieces and nephew swimming off the boat with the boat backed into the beach area and the drives up.

I want to lab but would hate to injure them just cause i was looking for 2 mph :

yet I'm looking for the 2 mph:

what to do

Last edited by Rambunctious; 04-04-2002 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2002, 11:45 AM
Luxy60

Check out this thread. I had the same questions.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=21248

Old 04-04-2002, 12:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I just got my prop labbed. I have small kids too. After reading this thread maybe I will keep an old towel on board and wrap it around the prop when the kids are swimming. Just don't want to forget to take it off when I leave.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:32 PM
Registered

that will probably work better than the stainless ladder i wrapped around the starboard prop last year

good idea
Old 04-04-2002, 01:57 PM
HavasuCat

Labbed round ear props are not that bad. If you kicked one with some force you would probably get cut. I had a pair of cleavers that were much sharper (you even had to be careful handling them), and the tip is extremely sharp and could easily pierce flesh. If you are running round eared props I would not worry as much. I had a girl kick one of my cleavers and she sustained about a 4" cut on her ankle. I have never had anyone injured on the round ears.

Quick Reply: lab finish, what did you gain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.