Time for more Whipple power >

Time for more Whipple power

Notices

Time for more Whipple power

Old 10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice engine! Is it a newer style cupronickel chiller I see there? The XR drive is a newer style sweped back uper?

Thanks
Mange
Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, the intercooler is the newer style. I believe the drive is also. It is a 08 model.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The extra power will be fun,keep us posted on the results.
Rob
Old 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Registered

I had a pretty productive weekend. I got the engine block, blower, and valve covers painted. I spent most of the day Sunday getting everything back together. I have to wait on the parts that are being carbon fiber dipped to complete the package.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a B-Max for sale if you are still looking for one.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Registered

Wink

Nice work as usual Mitch! It will be interesting to see if you can keep that beast under the hatch in that little 22 Daytona! Put on the jacket and get ready for a wild ride!
As you may know we built a little 496 beastie also! It just has the 3.3 Whipple and our other little Raylar goodies!, but it only made 805HP & 825ft/lbs of torque at 8lbs of boost so its milder than your Beast!
Stay safe and keep it on the bottom!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
You better order up a spare drive while your at it !!!
..........and triple your life insurance amount.

955hp in a 22 Daytona is nucking futs. Be careful.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Registered

Hey Dennis, I saved your e-mail. I am going to get the engine in and tested before I do any drive swaping. I want to be able to compare it to my original base line. I also need the money to plumb the engine. I spent a $1000.00 on fittings yesterday and will still need some more.
I will be careful. I have a lifeline, but there will be no wide open runs unless everything is perfect. I would like to see 120mph or so. Hey ray did you ever get any more pics of your beast? I think I can keep it under the hatch with a few modifications. What really helped me if this engine is about 4" shorter in length than the 496.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered

Wink Who says advertising won't buy you everything??

Hey Mitch , yes I have some beautiful pictures of the Raylar SCR800 engine but the post Nazi's here on OSO won't let me post attachments unless we renew our banner add. Go Figure!
II think I will email you an attachment and then you can post it for all the 496 fans here on OSO. I never thought about your new engine being shorter, but yes without the closed cooling and front mount stuff it would be shorter and in that little engine compartment on the 22 it will fit nicely. You won't own anything that isn't just right so you on the numbers Guy! Have fun be safe!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Raylar
Hey Mitch , yes I have some beautiful pictures of the Raylar SCR800 engine but the post Nazi's here on OSO won't let me post attachments unless we renew our banner add. Go Figure!
II think I will email you an attachment and then you can post it for all the 496 fans here on OSO. I never thought about your new engine being shorter, but yes without the closed cooling and front mount stuff it would be shorter and in that little engine compartment on the 22 it will fit nicely. You won't own anything that isn't just right so you on the numbers Guy! Have fun be safe!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

For what you ad to the forum in info,Id figure they would give ya alittle slack.

Ill post them,shoot them to me
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.