Whipple Side Mount Supercharger Information >

Whipple Side Mount Supercharger Information

Notices

Whipple Side Mount Supercharger Information

Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PAST DUE
the sensor wires you see or the sensor you see is a e.g.t sensor not a o2 sensor whipple does have some parts for these units i have had both of mine rebuilt in the last year ( one from failure and one to keep from failing) they can put there entire rotor pack assy in the old housing if is't not hurt. also have entire manual if you cant get it from any one else.
Past Due, if you could make a copy of the manual or scan and email it I would pay all expenses. Did you have yours rebuilt at Whipple? When I called them I was told they have no parts left for the side mount model. What failed on yours? Did you replace all internals or just what failed? Are you using the piggyback computer or a reprogramed MEFI 3?
Thanks.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will try and make a copy for you i had 2 copies from the start i will try to find one of them. i did send mine to whipple and they put their complete rotor pack (their description) in my housing which replaced all internal parts and had to send the front billett plate with the charger at the same time to have some machining done on it as well to make it all fit. All i know about the failure was the rotors started rubbing against each other and the engine started loosing power and i let off and shut it down i never could get whipple to call me back and tell me what happend. i did send my other unit in the fall of the same year. to keep it from failing .
whipple said the new rotor pack was" better in every way " than the old unit. i have been using the piggyback computer however it is being removed as we speak and will be going to mefi 3 system with my rebuilds.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector
OK, here is the deal. I have a twin engine boat and one whipple side mount set up which I have never installed. There is no history on this set up so I would like to disassemble and inspect it prior to use. Also, I would like to understand the operation of the piggypack PCM before I install it or go to further expense of updating to a MEFI 3 and a reprogram. The piggyback PCM appears to be somewhat sophisticated as there is an O2 sensor attached (so I feel there is value in investigating it's operation). I am currently shopping for a second unit but am starting to wounder if I am wasting my money if there are no service parts available for them. Can anyone identify a common weakness of these (although I do not believe there is much to them... housing, rotors, bearings and gears)? So the bottom line is I am looking for a manual and the availability of service parts for the side mount set up. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

The best bet would be to go to a Mefi 3 or 4. If the piggyback ecm evers go out, you can't replace it. It's job is to turn on the extra 2 injectors above the blower. The egt probe is there for protection in case the egt's get over 1500 deg. It all works pretty good. The blower can be rebuilt if anything goes wrong with it and they do have better parts for it now. The ecm can't be fixed or replaced. You will be just fine to put it on like it is. However, it would be better to replace it with a Mefi 3 or 4. Good luck with it.
Eddie
Old 02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Manual and Pulley

Wondering if anyone has a installation manual and v-belt crank pulley for the whipple sidemount for sale. Thank you
Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Registered

Yes, I would also like a manual, will pay all expenses & time to send it to me. thanks, chad
Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Post Manual

Is there any way I can get a copy of that manual. I just got a used one and plan to put it on a 7.4 in my 97 k3500 Dully. Whipple has been no help.

THANKS ROBIN
Old 01-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

did you get a copy of the manual?...dustin is a nice guy but he's almost denying those sidemount ever existed...dunno why,as they were good lil blowers.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts
Default sidemount manual

I have a copy of the manual stored on my computer. Anyone wanting a copy can pm me their e-mail address and i would be happy to send it. I have both the 454/502 mag and the manual for the HP500
I also have a 454/502 mag whipple setup that I am considering selling as I don't have enough room on the front of my engine to install it. I have an extra manifold, bigger injectors, MEFI 4B ECU, wiring harness and more. Serpentine belt crank pulley.

Last edited by snapmorgan; 01-12-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I have a copy of the manual stored on my computer. Anyone wanting a copy can pm me their e-mail address and i would be happy to send it. I have both the 454/502 mag and the manual for the HP500
I also have a 454/502 mag whipple setup that I am considering selling as I don't have enough room on the front of my engine to install it. I have an extra manifold, bigger injectors, MEFI 4B ECU, wiring harness and more. Serpentine belt crank pulley.

Can you email me a copy of that manual?

[email protected]
Old 12-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a copy of this I can get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.