CURTIS Snow Plow (wont lift) >

CURTIS Snow Plow (wont lift)

Notices

CURTIS Snow Plow (wont lift)

Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts
Default CURTIS Snow Plow (wont lift)

I am having some real issues with my sonw plow. I recently took it of my 05 dodge and installed it on a 96 chevy. The plow won't lift unless I change the connections at the selonoids. With that said then I lose left or right and have to press either one of those to lift. Then I'm without either one of those. The pump will run and is activated by the selonoid under the hood but it won't go up. No matter what I do or how I change the selonoid fittings around at the pump I can never get the UP lift/switch on the remote to do anything but just spin the pump. I tried another remote to rule it out and that wasn't the problem. I also ran new wires from the remote lift to the lift seloniod and still nothing. The pump and selonoids would have to be good or otherwise the plow wouldn't lift in any configuration. I don't think anyway. I'm lost..

Any plow guys out there???

Thanks,
John

Last edited by getrdunn; 12-09-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give my husband a call... five seven four - three two zero - two seven five four.. his name is Todd
Old 12-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SonicBunny
Give my husband a call... five seven four - three two zero - two seven five four.. his name is Todd
Will he mind if I call him now or should I phone in the morning.
Thanks,
John
Old 12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SonicBunny
Thanks for allowing me to get in touch with your husband. He was not only nice to talk to but very helpful also. That was very nice of you. If you two ever get up this way be sure and give me a shout.

Thanks again,
John
www.heathlands.com
Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I am having some real issues with my sonw plow. I recently took it of my 05 dodge and installed it on a 96 chevy. The plow won't lift unless I change the connections at the selonoids. With that said then I lose left or right and have to press either one of those to lift. Then I'm without either one of those. The pump will run and is activated by the selonoid under the hood but it won't go up. No matter what I do or how I change the selonoid fittings around at the pump I can never get the UP lift/switch on the remote to do anything but just spin the pump. I tried another remote to rule it out and that wasn't the problem. I also ran new wires from the remote lift to the lift seloniod and still nothing. The pump and selonoids would have to be good or otherwise the plow wouldn't lift in any configuration. I don't think anyway. I'm lost..

Any plow guys out there???

Thanks,
John
Did you fix it yet? if not it sounds like one of the valves are stuck, remove the 3 way valve under the lift solenoid,clean it with brake clean and take a tiny phillips screw driver and move the valve in and out several times.. also your pump filter could be clogged with the cylinder packing,first look sr the lift and angle cylinders and see if theirs any rust on them,you will need to remove the rust so it dont ruin the packing in the cylinders..remove the filter on the pump and clean with brake clean anr reinstall..it will sound like it wants to lift but its sucking air because the filter is plugged...a good way to tell is to pull the fill plug and hold the remote in the up position and see if foam comes out the fill plug hole,the atf or plow pump fluid will foam up..

good luck.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Did you fix it yet? if not it sounds like one of the valves are stuck, remove the 3 way valve under the lift solenoid,clean it with brake clean and take a tiny phillips screw driver and move the valve in and out several times.. also your pump filter could be clogged with the cylinder packing,first look sr the lift and angle cylinders and see if theirs any rust on them,you will need to remove the rust so it dont ruin the packing in the cylinders..remove the filter on the pump and clean with brake clean anr reinstall..it will sound like it wants to lift but its sucking air because the filter is plugged...a good way to tell is to pull the fill plug and hold the remote in the up position and see if foam comes out the fill plug hole,the atf or plow pump fluid will foam up..

good luck.
Thanks for your reply.
I got it narrowed down to a wiring issue however have the lift rigged with another wire and toggle switch. For some reason I don't have voltage to any of the wires coming out of the remote when hitting the lift. It is suppose to be the red wire however I have nothing when pressing the lift with the exception of the main pump selonoid wire that has voltage when you go either left, right, up or down. I was able to locate each other wire for the other functions but the lift. I thought for sure it was in the remote however I tried another remote and that didn't do it. I'm lost. I jumped grounds and ruled that out as well.

Any other thoughts be sure and let me know.
Thanksm
John
Old 12-15-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John where are you located ?? i am in Grand Haven / Spring Lake area I plow with a Western set up
Old 12-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

I'm a sub dealer for western! Be careful on how much power you put into those solenoids,you will burn the coils out(5v max)..test it at the back of the remote plug... you may have to squeeze the terminals to get a good connection..i have also seen carelessness with the remote getting salt from your boots that corrode the terminals,,look at the wiring harness and see if you could locate some resistors in line going to the pump..you may have a bad one in line and that may be why you not getting power to the solenoid..

Also check the plug that goes to the head lights,some of thease snowplow companies do goofy things with their wiring harnesses,their may be a power feed at the plug that feeds the relay pack that triggers the up solenoid..Check all the little pins and make sure theirs no green ones,clean,and squeeze the connections and use some dielectric Greece on it..

Last edited by FIXX; 12-15-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
I'm a sub dealer for western! Be careful on how much power you put into those solenoids,you will burn the coils out(5v max)..test it at the back of the remote plug... you may have to squeeze the terminals to get a good connection..i have also seen carelessness with the remote getting salt from your boots that corrode the terminals,,look at the wiring harness and see if you could locate some resistors in line going to the pump..you may have a bad one in line and that may be why you not getting power to the solenoid..
where are you located ?? i need parts for my hand held controler
Old 12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by boatme
where are you located ?? i need parts for my hand held controler
outside of chicago!

[email protected]