Water pressure gauge and 496HO

Notices

Water pressure gauge and 496HO

Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by tcuda499
Why is it that most of your comments have some sort of negitivity to others? Makes me think neg of Raylar to be honest.

I sensed cynicism in his latest post here myself [ fully aware that he aimed at my post ,lol ] albeit he is usually very helpful in his post here and on performanceboats. Kudos for that. I know that the thermostat housing on the 496 is different from the 377 , but one could still install a pressure gauge sensor by tapping into it. It wouldn't take more than a few second to figure out that the easiest place for a fitting would be just before the PS cooler . I have SmartCraft but also installed a secondary mechanical gauge on the thermostat housing as a backup. Both gauges read identical.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink When In Doubt? Check It Out!

Gentlemen:

If my post seemed negative, I apologize!
However, I just want to get across the point that here on these forums what you post is sometimes read and taken as gospel by those who are looking for information and answers to their questions.
When you start offering incorrect information and instructions you must be careful that this information or instruction does not screw someone else up!
If you do not really know the Merc 496 engine well, then caution your comments and ideas by saying you are really not sure and this might be an idea or something like that.
When I am not sure or really knowledgeable in certain areas of performance boating, engines or equipment I usually don't offer any advise or information because I don't know what I am talking about and I don't want to cause anyone else a problem with incorrect or not quite correct instructions.
If this is negative thinking, then so be it!
We all can't be experts in everything, I quit trying to be one many years ago!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar