wondering who's selling the best add on nosecone for a
Bravo 1? don't have the $ for a new lower right now, being
that I have to build a new 509 right now! but while the drive's
off, figured I could add a cone!
Old 02-13-2010, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hydromotive has a good nose cone, I installed one on a drive in 96 and as far as I know it is still on.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

I like eddie marines the best,they have a nicer point to them and are a bit longer,like the inco's shorty drive..

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=13305&c=36
Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had a 468 with about 500 HP in my Baja Hammer, I was running about 78. I put on an Eddie Marine nose cone and lost 4 MPH. Knocked it back off and the speed came right back. It looked cool when sitting on the trailer, but that was the only benefit it offered.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thats because it made your prop slip % go down. Did it change your handling any? I lost a couple in the top end on mine with Bobs. But the trim and handling was worth it. Handles like it is on rails. And I went with lwp and that really helped with water flow when trimmed. So I guess it is all what you are after.. Plus they do look cool,
Old 02-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

I used Eddies marine nosecone on my Daytona. I don't think I lost or gained any speed but the handling was worth all the time and money. I spent a very long time grinding the inside and outside of the cone down to thin the walls making it more streamline than it was factory. After it was on and all smooth and before I painted I sharpened all the edges of my drive so it cuts thru the water better and boy it made a big big differents. Did the same thing on my buddy's 24ft baja and he got 3mph out of it so I think the speed depends on the boat and HP. I have a nose cone in my shop for a B1 I'll sell it for 85.00 free shipping but it's not a Eddies it might be Bob marine I don't know I'll have to look but if so Email me.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

I can't say I noticed anything relative to handling, and the only reason I put it on was to get past that elusive 80 MPH. I was running a labbed 25 Mirage, so if you calculate the slip I had a pretty low slip factor already. To get the best speed my boat requires quite a bit of trim. A lot of positive trim causes you to drag that big point through the water pointing downward rather than forward. The cool look wasn't worth the 4MPH loss to me, but to each his own. I have since heard you should already be doing 80 or better to expect any real gains in speed from a nose cone. Go ahead and give it a shot. It is not that expensive and if it doesn't work out you can do what I did and knock it back off.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sledge Agreed. The best ones to run with a boat you have to trim the heck out of is the Hydromotive's. They have the cresent. You are right with the pointed cones (Bobs or Eddies). I have a higher X and do not run that much trim. Plus I needed the LWP. Like you stated "give a shot". It is all in the application, and how much trim and Hp you have.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Registered

my 32 active thunder is running 85 plus and i know another 32 thunder owner picked up 4 mph with cones, so i think i will give them a try as my slip #s were around 18%.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

the hydromotive has more of a knife edge on it, so it works well with lots of trim, the other thing to keep in mind, is that the older bravo's had a more blunt nose on them, and where know to create a blowout when getting up near the 80 mark, any nose cone that will streamline the water for you should help in one way or another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.