TRS Transome Exhaust/Cutouts >

TRS Transome Exhaust/Cutouts

Notices

TRS Transome Exhaust/Cutouts

Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts
Default TRS Transome Exhaust/Cutouts

Is there a guide for factory TRS transome exhaust cutouts? The boat was an original through hub. Running CMI's with tails. I can easily make cutouts to adapt my set up to work however would like to be somewhat close to factory specs in case I change the exhaust out at a later time. If someone with similar set up could post some measurements from a common reference point, that would be great. This is for a twin application without hyd. steering.

Thanks,
John
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Is there a guide for factory TRS transome exhaust cutouts? The boat was an original through hub. Running CMI's with tails. I can easily make cutouts to adapt my set up to work however would like to be somewhat close to factory specs in case I change the exhaust out at a later time. If someone with similar set up could post some measurements from a common reference point, that would be great. This is for a twin application without hyd. steering.

Thanks,
John
They are the same with as a bravo but 3'' higher because of steering interference,If you have cmi's and their not the taller version or like thease http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26865-en.html and if you have hydraulic steering i would cut them as they were a bravo..

Last edited by FIXX; 02-23-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
They are the same with as a bravo but 3'' higher because of steering interference,If you have cmi's and their not the taller version or like thease http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26865-en.html and if you have hydraulic steering i would cut them as they were a bravo..
I guess the main thing I would need then is the width - center to center of the exhaust holes. I will probably install them as low as I can without interfering with the steering components. So if someone knows or could measure center to center is all I would really need. I can easily figure out the rest.

Thanks,
John
Old 02-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if there ever was a factory through transom exhaust setup for a TRS. I think their all aftermarket exhaust set ups going through the transon. I think it would depend on where it needed to be for your type of exhaust. Mine actually go out over the power steering. I guess it depends on what kind of tails you have. The width could be different with different brands of pipes also.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by picklenjim
I don't know if there ever was a factory through transom exhaust setup for a TRS. I think their all aftermarket exhaust set ups going through the transon. I think it would depend on where it needed to be for your type of exhaust. Mine actually go out over the power steering. I guess it depends on what kind of tails you have. The width could be different with different brands of pipes also.
I would just like to stay within reason so if or when I do change out the exhaust I wont be all over the board. Could somebody post the center to center at the tips of a bravo for stock through transome exhaust? I have room with the tails I am using to move a little. I just hate to cut out for an exact fit for my cmi etops and then be screwed down the road. All I need is the width of a so called NORM if there is such a thing.

Thanks,
John
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I guess the main thing I would need then is the width - center to center of the exhaust holes. I will probably install them as low as I can without interfering with the steering components. So if someone knows or could measure center to center is all I would really need. I can easily figure out the rest.

Thanks,
John

Per mercury! Crankshaft centerline up tp center of tips is 13-27/64.............center to centerof the exhaust tips is 27-21/64..

Also take into consideration if your dart cylinder heads have a raised exhaust port,you will have to add that in to the crankshaft centerline and the tip centerline..

give me your email and ill take a pic of the bravo exhaust cutout chart i have so you can see the numbers im talking about..

Last edited by FIXX; 02-23-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

I have Stainless Marine. Here is a pick for reference. I'll get you measurements tomorrow if you want?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Rookie
I have Stainless Marine. Here is a pick for reference. I'll get you measurements tomorrow if you want?

A pic of your engines please
Old 02-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
A pic of your engines please
Sorry, I hate to disappoint. But nothing spectacular to look at. Just a couple of high strung 600HP 468's. The red one is mine, prepped for the dyno with JimV's blue NA565.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Rookie
Sorry, I hate to disappoint. But nothing spectacular to look at. Just a couple of high strung 600HP 468's. The red one is mine, prepped for the dyno with JimV's blue NA565.

opps sorry i failed to mention,a pic of or with the risers.

Edit! i think those are your tisers in the pic,,looks to be 3'' taller ones...i dont think your measurements wil be accurate for his boat..

Last edited by FIXX; 02-24-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.