No Voltage to Port >

No Voltage to Port

Notices

No Voltage to Port

Old 05-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

did you check the connections at the main plug in power plug?? try giving it the old twist and jiggle trick and try the ignotion again..
Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neutral saftey switch?

Have you checked the neutral saftey switch?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the 20amp fuse before the ignition switch.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

Default 20 Amp Fuse

I am not aware of any fuse prior to the ignition switch. All of the other items were checked and OK. I have not been to the boat since Friday so I have not even attempted to jump the slave solenoid.
I do know via testing there is 12+ volts at both sides of the 50 amp, 12 Volts to at least one side of the solenoid [i do nto remember the result of the other side of the solenoid]. The other known is there is no power to the ignition switch and nothing occured to have anything 'break'. A fuse is likely but I cannot find one. I was working on the stereo and amp between the last time the engines ran and this problem.

I will be at the boat Thursday and will check out the solenoid, and try again to locate a fuse. The breakers under the helm are not tripped and do not have anything like ignition. They are all accessory type.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Follow the large red wire from the ignition switch backwards. Should be a fuse somewhere in that line. Might be an accessory fuse panel under the dash that is powered by that hot wire from the Alt/starter/main breaker that holds the ignition switch fuse. Do all your other acc. work?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered

Default Accessories

The items on the helm [bilge pumps, blower, lighting, etc.] function. the only NON working items that I have detected is the port engine. To me the odd thing is no power to the Ign. switch. I have used my multi meter on the helm area and the wire that carries power to the switch is dead. The same COLORED wire that carries power to the ST engine switch is 12.5V at the switch terminal.
The issue is from the 50 Amp breaker to the switch.
When I get to the boat this week my plans are to:

Look for an in-line fuse for the ignition switch

Try jumper wires on the slave solenoid

Even try a jumper wire from the 50 Amp to the ignition switch as a last option
Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

The solonoids have nothing to do with power going to key switch. If the slave solonoid has power to one side, jump from that post to the small yellow one and engine should crank (You should only have power on one side unless it is cranking engine) . If it cranks then engine compartment power should be OK. Put a jumper wire from one key switch to the other (on red wires. Try to start it. If it starts just follow the red wire back to engine to find the break. Make sure to check your kill switch also(some boats are wired with pos. going to switch and then to ignition) If it is wired this way put a jumper wire across it and try to start. If its not wired this way disregard this step. Just follow the red from keyswitch back and you will find it.

Last edited by tms1155; 05-25-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Default Power Search

I will be at the beast tomorrow and will perform the diagnostics mentioned. Makes perfect sense. The part that does not is why I am unable to locate a fuse and what caused this to happen.

Thanks again for all the replies.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Registered

i dont know if this helps but i thought i would add a suggestion, on the the 502/mag/mpi there is a fuse block on the starter???in my manual they just call it a 90 amp fuse system???i belive the wire that goes from the slave selenoid to the starter color might be red/yelow???

Last edited by 266ltd; 05-26-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Registered

Default Problem Solved

If anyone is interested Cigarette does not use fuses.

While taking a break Friday from the sun in Southern California I turned on the cabin lights at the bank of switches in the cabin. That is when I noticed a breaker labeled port and one labeled Starboard. The port was in the off position. WHile cleaning the cabin one of three people doing the cleaning, me being one of them, must have switched it off. Turn it on and all is well.

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.