Oil Drain Kit >

Oil Drain Kit

Notices

Oil Drain Kit

Old 05-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all the $$$$ I spend on boating stuFF I gotta try this thing out. What part number for a 2000 502 MAG? Part# 30334?

Old 05-03-2002, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

DQUICK

I installed one on my motor, wish I had seen them a long time ago!!! It works out great, just warm up the motor, feed the hose thru the drain plug, un-cap it and drain.
There was one minor little catch, I had to change the drain from the 1/2" screw plug to a larger brass tube and T-handle plug.
This was not a hard swap, infact the hole thru the transom is the same size for both flanges. I got a little fancy and after installing the tube, cut the ouside portion on the garboard flange and fit it to go over the outside edge of the new drain.
You can get everthing you need to do this at Eddie Marine.
www.eddiemarine.com
I actually like the T-handle plug better.

Last edited by TomR; 05-03-2002 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I myself was thinking of doing this......But since I have a cat........I will have to install 2 (one for each motor) and the best way is to drill a hole thru the transom and have a plug in it. Years back I saw guy who had installed a kit that tied into the transom drain and oil drain. There was a keyway you would put in to the hole and turn one way to drain the bildge and the opposite way to drain the oil (single enging boat)
After looking at Eddie Marine...Overton's, look's the same...I could be wrong...pictures are worth no words sometimes

TOMR........do you have any pics of the installation. If so mail to me and I will put them on my site. I did this with my fresh water outdrive coolers.

OK..I checked out Teague and Eddie marine...they all are alike as Overton's
No unique setups?

Last edited by enticer; 05-04-2002 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:58 AM
Intolerant1

I went through the oil change deal today. After pumping like hell I decided to go ahead and pull the drain plug to get the last bit out and go buy one of these drain kits. After pumping out the oil through the dipstick tube, I pulled the drain bolt which actually runs through a block at the end of the dipstick tube (like a brakeline banjo bolt). Not a single drop of oil came out. Guess this setup works well enough.

Old 05-05-2002, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A buddy was telling me the other day about someone he knew that had the hose drain. Seems he launched on day and forgot to put the plug in. While he was running, the hose got throught the drain and the prop cut the hose and drained all his oil. When the engine siezed up, he opened the hatch and saw the water pouring in thru the drain hole. He had to go overboard and plug the drain hole to keep the boat from sinking. Now that's a bad day!