drive height

Notices

drive height

Old 05-02-2002, 01:51 PM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AHHHHH. I forgot it was originaly set up for the blackhawk. Sounds like it will be trial and error
to get it dialed in. Then again what isn't. Hopefully with no error. Good luck.

BTW, that Interthane Plus looks AWESOME. Like a black mirror!! Time to start rigging!! Oh, and the respirator was a MUST!!!! Thanks for your help.

Paul
Old 05-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the hull moves through the water as the water passes the transom the water rises.

On my Chris Cat I was told to take a straight edge and lay it along the bottom so it rests on the step and run it back passed the transom, this will establish the true line of the hull. Take your measurements from the straight edge. I don't know if that will work on you boat or not.

I know on my Chris Cat if I measure the drive height with the straight edge method the drive is about 1 inch lower than just lining it up with the bottom edge of the transom.

Can you put spacers in your drive to make it longer? If you can I would mount the drive as high as you can and just add spacers if you need to lower the drive. Also your prop choice can make a big difference in how the boat with plane.

mike