Old 08-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your what
Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a set of 280 plates laying around...It'll save you some $$.

Dave
Old 08-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Registered

pm sent!! i want them
Old 08-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Sir...to clear up any confusion...they will NOT make your boat any faster. Some could argue that they may make you run SLOWER because of the extra weight of the whole setup (those plates are heavy) (then you got rams, hoses, and a pump). rchevelle71 is correct...they could be dangerous on a small boat. I have them on mine, and he aint kiddin when he says they drop alot and fast. First time I made a mistake with the switch, I thought it was gonna throw us all outta the boat at 40 mph. Scared the sh*t outta me !! You came on here asking for advice, and these guys know there stuff. They all suggested you dont use them, and to go with tabs. Apparently you dont wanna listen to years of knowledge. One other thing...take it easy on the Pepsi and M&M's. You write like your on a 3 day sugar buzz.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Not to hijack the thread but i have the same boat 23" concept and have a procharger kit to go on it this winter what size tabs would you guys consider running mine runs 61 on gps now hoping to pick up a few with the procharger thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88concept
Not to hijack the thread but i have the same boat 23" concept and have a procharger kit to go on it this winter what size tabs would you guys consider running mine runs 61 on gps now hoping to pick up a few with the procharger thanks
Yer gonna kill yerself, that hull was never meant to go that fast. If yer running Flat water, and dont plan on turning(You should be looking into Hydraulic steering instead) you will be ok, but then you don't need tabs

Last edited by rchevelle71; 08-09-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tinman565
Sir...to clear up any confusion...they will NOT make your boat any faster. Some could argue that they may make you run SLOWER because of the extra weight of the whole setup (those plates are heavy) (then you got rams, hoses, and a pump). rchevelle71 is correct...they could be dangerous on a small boat. I have them on mine, and he aint kiddin when he says they drop alot and fast. First time I made a mistake with the switch, I thought it was gonna throw us all outta the boat at 40 mph. Scared the sh*t outta me !! You came on here asking for advice, and these guys know there stuff. They all suggested you dont use them, and to go with tabs. Apparently you dont wanna listen to years of knowledge. One other thing...take it easy on the Pepsi and M&M's. You write like your on a 3 day sugar buzz.
Funny Story..............

One day I was at the Haulover Sandbar with my wife on my boat, and a couple of friends on other boats. Well, my wife is about 4-1/2 feet tall, and the Pantera has no Swim Platform, or ladder. So when you want to get back in the boat you have to put a foot on a tab, and pull yourself up using the outboard. To make life easier for her, I dropped the starboard tab all the way down, and proceeded to have a few cocktails. A while later we left, and I forgot all about the tab being down, get out of the no-wake zone, and mash the throttles, took me a second to figure out why the right side of the boat jumped on plane, and the left stayed behind Tabs can be your friend, but can also be detrimental. I say if ya dont need a big tab, a Bennett is good to have for that day you NEED them, but do not go overkill. The setup I bought would have been nice on his boat, but not necessary(they arent necessary on mine either, but it is nice to have them). To put $3000 worth of tabs on that boat is a waste of $$ in my mind.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Registered

i do listen to knowledge of peeps who have been there! on the other hand im considering getting rid of the concept!! an no im not on a 3 day sugar high. i only drink 2 REDBULLS a day!! thank u thanks so much for all the feedback
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cheek
i do listen to knowledge of peeps who have been there! on the other hand im considering getting rid of the concept!! an no im not on a 3 day sugar high. i only drink 2 REDBULLS a day!! thank u thanks so much for all the feedback
Dont get us wrong, The Concept is a good lake Boat, but that is all it is(OK, well maybe some smaller coastal stuff), will never be a wave crusher, or Speed Demon(at least not safely). If the Concept does what you need it to do, I would keep it, just don't put a ton of $$ into it trying to make it something it will never be.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

What would you still consider a safe speed and what could be done just to make it a little safer at speed. I just use it in lakes and some bigger rivers nothing with real big chop or wakes thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.