Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Motor Squeal >

Motor Squeal

Notices

Motor Squeal

Old 09-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

That's where my squeal is coming from. Not sure if I can just change out the bearings or if the entire pulley has to be replace. Guess I'll find out when I tear into it.
I just checked and the tensioner pulley has a bearing not a bushing...If you have the same motor as me (6.2L) the pully is $24 with bearing. Almost not worth monkeying around with. Just replace the whole thing.

I have another question: is the tensioner pulley the same on a 350 as it is on a 6.2L? My dad ordered an extra one for his 350. I ll just use his if its the same.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
I just checked and the tensioner pulley has a bearing not a bushing...If you have the same motor as me (6.2L) the pully is $24 with bearing. Almost not worth monkeying around with. Just replace the whole thing.

I have another question: is the tensioner pulley the same on a 350 as it is on a 6.2L? My dad ordered an extra one for his 350. I ll just use his if its the same.
I have 496ho`s. Ya I kind of figured it wouldnt be worth the aggrevation of just replacing the bearing? It'll be a winter project anyways.