Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pro charged 502 water temp >

Pro charged 502 water temp

Notices

Pro charged 502 water temp

Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My pump looks alot like this one http://www.cpperformance.com/p-14668...-sea-pump.aspx.

It only runs that after or during a WOT normal running it goes down to 180. I might have to drag the boat home from the storage place at the lake to have a better look. I figured that was way to hot.

As for being rich I set the FMU at the fuel pressure that procharger spec'd.

This is the brand of water pump that is on it http://www.partshp.com/WaterPumps.htm. I have never heard of running a electric water pump on something that is going to be ran for more then a few minutes at a time. Is this common on this type of set up?

Last edited by haulinit; 09-15-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the brand of water pump that is on it http://www.partshp.com/WaterPumps.htm. I have never heard of running a electric water pump on something that is going to be ran for more then a few minutes at a time. Is this common on this type of set up?

its not a drag car!! i would get a cross over and eliminate the electric pump..
Old 09-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
its not a drag car!! i would get a cross over and eliminate the electric pump..

That was kinda my thoughts on a electric water pump.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Default desired oil temp

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
180 is still to hot !!!!! As was said it's not a drag car , mine run's at 120 to130. I watch the oil temps alot more than the water temp. 180 to 230 will kill an engine in no time !
What should the oil temp be?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

You are way to Hot if the temp gauge is correct. Need to install a crossover and get the temps down. You are lucky the motor has not detonatated apart already with those temps..
Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

with the prochargers ..run water temps less than 130 ....oil temps need to be over 200 ....
Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Im going to pull the thermostat housing tomorrow and make sure there is no thermostat in there. I'm going to test the electric pump and make sure that it is at least working until I can get a cross over kit, season is almost over here. Could it be that the water is moving to fast and not allowing heat transfer?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by haulinit
Im going to pull the thermostat housing tomorrow and make sure there is no thermostat in there. I'm going to test the electric pump and make sure that it is at least working until I can get a cross over kit, season is almost over here. Could it be that the water is moving to fast and not allowing heat transfer?
Dont completely remove the thermostat,,i though you said you have efi?? if you remove it and the ecm is tuned for a differant trmp then its going to run really rich..If your going to remove the t-stat gut the center and put it back in..

i will be running 140* in mine with 3 3/16'''holes drilled in it with a circulation pump,i also wont have water running through the coolers at idle only on plane through the transom mount pickups,this way the engines wont load up while idling.

I
Old 09-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

Default thermostat sticking?

Could be real simple like ur thermostat is sticking....even if there is a hole drilled in it if it sticking the temp will go up...and when u run it at higher rpms its starts to cool off. That happened to me.....I run a 120degree thermostat now.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

I thought that procharger tells you to remove the thermostat, yes I have EFI. Ok so here we go I kinda know my way around ECM tuning. By removing the thermostat how does that affect the AFR? Since there is no O2 sensors that I can see the ECM has to rely on the temp sensors to control the amount of fuel. Since there are no o2 sensors at least on my engine it is basically stuck in "open loop", this RPM VS this engine temp = this much fuel. By saying it will run rich you are basing this on the lower water temp?

Im having a hard time trying to understand how the flow of water through the engine or coolers is going to affect my AFR. The ECM is stock merc. tuning, it uses a FMU to achieve more fuel.
If my thinking is wrong please correct me so I can get my head around this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.