fuel lines-what to use?? legal? >

fuel lines-what to use?? legal?

Notices

fuel lines-what to use?? legal?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
I am not trying to bust your chops, but I see this all the time. This is folklore. Read your policy and look for the exclusion that says that if you use non coast guard approved equipment your claim can be denied. You will not find such an exclusion.
Folklore, or not......piece of mind for me, personally. I would certainly hate to be the exception.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I just make my own. The stock pickup is nothing more than a plastic tube. The problem isn't so much the tube diameter. It isn't very big, but the hole in the aluminum fitting is only about 3/16". On top of that, when you screw an adapter fitting into it, you end up blocking half of the hole. I have seem them where the hole ends up being not much more than 1/8" when it's all said and done. I use 1/2" id S.S. tubing with a 3/8" x #10 90* SS fitting. First I bore out the pipe thread side of the fitting so that it is also 1/2". That is why I use SS, so it is still strong enough after boring the fitting. Then the tube is tig welded in place. This is enough pickup to support over 1000 hp.
I would be glad to make one for you if you need it.
Eddie
Nice....... Baja's use a alluminum pickup with a restrictive 90* fitting then a check valve. When I did mine I just removed the valve and installed a AN fitting on the elbo, I still have the restrictive fitting on mine. A while back a guy posted a pic were he removed the restrictive fitting and installed a ANfitting right to the pickup tube. Not as good as the one shown here but I think for the most boats it would work well.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i need to pull mine this weekend and figure out what is there right now. i had it out a year ago but i cant remember what was there. thanks to all for the advice!