Notices

Blower

Old 11-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airpacker
I wouldn't skip the chiller. Cheap power and cheap protection against the evil demaon detonation. Besides, it only adds 4.5 inches to the overall height.

As for the blower, on my 509 it makes 7psi at 5000 up to 6000 and thats about all she wrote.
Any bigger motor I would need a bigger blower.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????
I'll take it, does the rest come with the blower too,its attached. LOL
Nice Nice engine !

Thanks, guys, any other imput would be great,havin the true need for more speed,my buddys are all over a 100 mph and i sold my 120+ boat and having regreats and with draws !
Old 11-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r015
I'll take it, does the rest come with the blower too,its attached. LOL
Nice Nice engine !

Thanks, guys, any other imput would be great,havin the true need for more speed,my buddys are all over a 100 mph and i sold my 120+ boat and having regreats and with draws !
get the cooler for it and you could run the stock pulleys and get the 6 to 7 ibs boost. your compression should be 8.75 to 1, I am running 8.4 to 1= 8lbs with a cooler 1071 blower. must use 93 pump gas and if running hard add some booster.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
get the cooler for it and you could run the stock pulleys and get the 6 to 7 ibs boost. your compression should be 8.75 to 1, I am running 8.4 to 1= 8lbs with a cooler 1071 blower. must use 93 pump gas and if running hard add some booster.
Thanks for the response,makes sense.
but know one ever really said, if this was a good deal for carbs & just blower (this model blower) and will it work on 502/HP500
1.) Can you get intake for it?
2.) Can you buy different pulleys?
3.) Can you easily get cooler for it?
How much more to make it work?-$______

Would it be better to get heads and cam and flow carb? Not the gain,but maybe more dependable?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

The answer is yes, that is a perfect setup for your needs, if it's ready to go. Add fuel plumbing, fuel pump, dyno tuning and misc. stuff. Guessing +or-2k to finish.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Not a bad blower but Holley does not make parts for it anymore. I believe the blower shop and maybe another shop can still rebuild them though. Pulleys are hard to come by. They have served lots of people well.